• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI 64 bit slots & voltage, soon! / DDR11 ~Speed DEMON in our future!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KiwiRack

Chipsets have improved in quite a remarkable fashion, CPU speeds & Cooling solutions; along with decent power supplies have made PCing a lot more fun -Not to mention way better DDR than ever before.

1) Aopen came very close to supporting an "Off-Board" SCSI based mobo, by providing a 3.3v PCI slot -Which was crucial in providing SCSI stability. I did not buy one though due to the 'complaints' related to the BIOS.

-- But what we really need, is a 64 bit PCI slot & voltage, anyone hear news of this in the pipeline yet?

DDR1 being the current high standard seems to be shaping into DDR11 (PC4200), so I'm supposing it will be the third quarter of this year before we see a change that is significant; & then worry about a mobo that supports it.

My dream machine, will be a stripped down mobo; capable of handling a 'Hot' OC...(sure, I'm on the right Forum;) ). I don't want all the add-on hardware options that I will never use, at the expense of the primary options.

This was a fun project, for awhile!

Bottom line, waiting for that elusive speed demon, with SCSI & not a Server slow-poke onboard SCSI based mobo.

One day......The mobo manafactures will provide a race car level mobo (Those cars are pretty well stripped down). No frills speed DEMON.

Slightly OT=Someone does need to coOl the 'Jets' on video card prices -That's an unrealistic thing right now; heck entry level computer systems don't cost that much!

Cheers

Back