• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sekisui #5760 thermal tape specs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kct2

Anyone have the specs for this thermal tape? I think it is the tape included with thermaltake's memory cooling kits, and is available here.

I'm looking for thermal resistance/conductivity and thickness. Thanks.

Id like to know this information too, as I currently have a CPU sized peice of it left and im about to mount my Akasa Evo 33 913 HSF on my new Opteron 150 CPU ready for the overclocking fun :beer:
I have some silver paste too but it doesnt appear to be a well known brand or anything. It does say 'silver' on my tube but really! :rolleyes: it might have 0.005% silver and loads of less thermally conductive ingredients and they would shout the 'silver' bit with less care for the end user than a traffic warden has for motorists! :p

I thought you might appreciate this info on artic 5 silver thermal compound. This grease has Boron particles which are smaller than a MICRON! and they are highly thermally conductive,anyhow heres the sheet:

Arctic Silver 5 (AS5)
Arctic Silver 5 is advertised as high-density polysynthetic zinc, aluminium and silver thermal compound, which has become the company's most popular product. Consisting mainly of aluminium oxide, zinc oxides and boron, it does contain some silver. The little silver it does contain is "over 99% pure" (although since it is mixed with oils and other metals, the purity is moot ). It does not contain any silicone and contains sub-micrometre zinc oxide, aluminium oxide and boron nitride particles which help maintain long-term stability.

Thermal resistance of 0.001 in (25 micrometre) layer: <2.9 mm²•K/W (pressure not specified).

[edit] Arctic Alumina
Arctic Alumina is a ceramics-based polysynthetic thermal compound, which is similar to AS5. However, Arctic Alumina is manufactured using sub-micrometre aluminium oxide.

Thermal resistance of 0.001 in (25 micrometre) layer: <6.5 mm²•K/W

[edit] Céramique
Céramique is a high-density composite of thermally conductive aluminum oxide, boron nitride and zinc oxide sub-micrometre particles. It is not electrically conductive, which makes it a better choice than Arctic Silver when there is a possibility that the thermal compound could come in contact with the pins of an integrated circuit.

Thermal resistance of 0.001 in (25 micrometre) layer: <4.5 mm²•K/W

info found on Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page ) and its good to know, Im betting the thermal tape comes in either in between the best and worst of these or possibly its nowhere near as good, if it was betteryou would see everyone talking about it more. Cant find out the score for the tape(<X.X mm²•K/W where X is the numeretic value)

hope the info helps :)

Back