• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a question about 8rda3+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think so!
No one really has ANYTHING to say about this board nor will they reply to any threads about it.

I just got my 8RDA3+ and a barton 2500+ with a single Raptor HD.

So far ive got it to 221X10 with vcore at 1.85,vdd at 1.8.and vdimm at 2.90

Memory is Kingston Hyper X 3500(which seems good so far regardless of what others say)
I think ive topped out on my cpu as prime will crash immediately if i move the fsb to 225 or the multiplier to 10.5

Right now I can run prime 95 100% stable for 6 hours

Hope this helps!:D

Last edited:
neo62874 said:
I think so!
No one really has ANYTHING to say about this board nor will they reply to any threads about it.

I just got my 8RDA3+ and a barton 2500+ with a single Raptor HD.

So far ive got it to 221X10 with vcore at 1.85,vdd at 1.8.and vdimm at 2.90

Memory is Kingston Hyper X 3500(which seems good so far regardless of what others say)
I think ive topped out on my cpu as prime will crash immediately if i move the fsb to 225 or the multiplier to 10.5

Right now I can run prime 95 100% stable for 6 hours

Hope this helps!:D

My 8rda+ runs 225 SC.

I had one and sent it back. It would reboot in the middle of games at optimum settings, not OC'ed at all.

It wouldn't run Prime no matter what I did.

The only fix that I read about was too stick heat sinks on the mosfets and southbridge, and a fan on the NB. Then give it more volts so on and so on...which voids warrenty.

I tried all bios setting variations, power supply, memmory, etc...

In the end (29th day on 30 day return policy) I sent it back for a refund and bought a NF7-S.

Don't get me wrong, I like EPoX but the board had to go.

I plugged all the same components into the NF7-S and everything is running smooth. I set my 2500+ at 11 X 200 at default volts and got 14010 3DMark2001 score out of my TI4600.

Now I might be willing to add some heat sinks to cool the mosfets and SB, because it wouldn't Prime at that speed without more juice. But, it's Prime stable at 11 X 166, which is default and I'm happy for now.

Go over to AOA and see that I'm not the only one that had these kind of problems. If I was the only one then I would have just asked for a replacement.

I have not heard too mcuh about these boards, but I would assume that they are good. If you cannot find any information on them though, why not just go for the 8RDA+ that you know is going to do good, and is cheaper?

i love my 8RDA3+ and have had no problems what so ever. I have tried 200 x 11 on default voltages and had no problems either. when i get more time i'll play around with it a little more, but for now i'm not doing to much oc'ing. looks to be very promising though. :)

up2Tim said:
I had one and sent it back. It would reboot in the middle of games at optimum settings, not OC'ed at all.

It wouldn't run Prime no matter what I did.

The only fix that I read about was too stick heat sinks on the mosfets and southbridge, and a fan on the NB. Then give it more volts so on and so on...which voids warrenty.

I tried all bios setting variations, power supply, memmory, etc...

Exactly the same here. Mine went back too. The only stable setting I could get was fail safe defaults. Everything else froze or rebooted after a few minutes. Prime and FAH were a total no go.

The same components went back into the 8RDA+ and are perfect.

If half of you that had problems with 8rda3+ would have read around a bit instead of sending them back you would of seen that the vcore undervolts a tad and needs to be bumped up some.....mine is set to 1.85 but bios and all other monitoring programs read it as 1.80...Bump up the vcore a tad and this board is better than the 8RDA+!!(would almost go as far as saying better than an NF7-S rev 2.0 but I personally havent tried it YET):D

neo62874 said:
If half of you that had problems with 8rda3+ would have read around a bit instead of sending them back you would of seen that the vcore undervolts a tad and needs to be bumped up some.....mine is set to 1.85 but bios and all other monitoring programs read it as 1.80...Bump up the vcore a tad and this board is better than the 8RDA+!!(would almost go as far as saying better than an NF7-S rev 2.0 but I personally havent tried it YET):D

<rant>
You think I didn't bump up the vcore a little?
You think I didn't read a little before I sent it back?</rant>;)

When I bumped up the vcore it became more unstable. The board undervolted everything a little. That's why the power light wouldn't light up.

I read and tweaked for almost a month--right up to a day before the warranty expired. It cost me about $25, some work and a little down time to send it back, so I really didn't want too.

I've had the NF7-S running without a hitch since the day I put it in. Not much more I can add to that.

The 8RDA3+ did have more options, to play with, in the bios than the NF7-S. I miss that.

I still have my 8KHA+ & 8K3A+ and they're great. I'll get another Epox board in the future but I'll be comparing more closely with Abit now that I've taken the opportunity to use one of their boards.

Now I'm takin notice of Abit's video cards--nice cooling solution.

neo62874 said:

Tried all that. See here

Despite that I probably will get another one. Plenty of successes around to suggest it's a very good board. Just luck of the draw.

Back