• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 Bios 1.7 is out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimdeath

I didn't see anyone else post this....

Click here for bios link

It seems they tweaked the CPU temp readings again....

Summary
Fixed the exclamation point under Motherboard Resources of Device manager in Windows XP when use USB keyboard/mouse and set as "Support via BIOS".
Fixed the intermittent sirens when getting into Windows 2000 or XP with both "Shutdown when CPUFAN Fail" and "CPU Shutdown Temperature" enabled in PC Health Status.
Calibrated readings of "CPU Over Temp. Protect" option in SoftMenu III.
Fixed the problem that SATA BIOS string is wrongfully connected with PCI add on card BIOS.
Calibrated the CPU temperature again.
Revised DDR400 DRAM timing according to NVidia's recommendation.
Updated BPL to v3.02 according to NVidia's recommendation.
BIOS Compile Date: 7/2/2003.

Got my board Saturday and it had the 11 bios. My temps were reading 8c higher than the board in my sig. Flashed to the 17 an hour before I read your post and the idle temps are back inline at around 36c (So. Calif). I'm running this board at 230x10 @1.775 vcore, max mem and chipset volts. mem timings 11-2-2-2.5. Testing my Nb , Sb cooling mods now. This 17 bios also verifies the Dual Channel in the startup screen that wasn't on the 11. Not having the 14 Bios that most seem to have ,I can't say which is better ?
Looking for the memory voltage mod, if anyone can point me to it. This Buffalo seems willing to go higher with relaxed timings and alittle more voltage! Yes, I did the L12 mod but the board would do 227 out of the box !

Back