• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mix coolant with UV die?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I have had my first water cooling system for about 2 weeks now and I just ordered a UV tube and some UV die. I have never used this stuff before so I was hoping some of you had and could give me some pointers. Do I mix the Hydax coolant with the UV die? What is th eprefered ratio?

Here is the UV die I bought.

Thanks, krag

Hey, this is the same exact question I was gonna post good thing you already did. I have water wetter and yellow UV dye i want to add, but I'm not sure if you can use both, or how good it would perform........ Sorry I can't help you man, I'll try and find out.

UV dye shouldn't affect temps much or at all since it doesn't take much to "dye" your water. Add it after you run your water/coolant if you want to make sure it's not affecting performance. I don't use UV dye but I use a stick of hi-lighter and 10% antifreeze if that helps any.

I use the exact same dye from the same place. I used about 5-6 oz of water wetter with about 40oz distilled water. My water was very pink at this stage(not pretty, or atleast I dont like it :) ) Then added just a few drops of the blue UV dye, and now I have purple glowy water when the UV lights are on. With the lights off it goes back to pink :-/ :rolleyes:

When I change my water I will either use less wetter, or go with red dye. maybe I'll try something other than wetter, I really dont like the pink hehe.

Have you ever used the dye from dtekcustoms.com or seen it?I have a bottle of it and it seems to be VERY concentrated, i wonder if adding my water wetter would even affect the color..

mmcshmi11 said:
Have you ever used the dye from dtekcustoms.com or seen it?I have a bottle of it and it seems to be VERY concentrated, i wonder if adding my water wetter would even affect the color..

I havent, is it UV reactive? If not your probably right, and wetter might not effect the color.
My UV dye is clear'ish untill it gets UV light.

Back