• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX Pc3200, What do you guys think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

What do you guys think of the HyperX Pc3200 memory?

im considering getting that in the new rig i plan to build (note, im on a $800-$900 budget so i cant go with ultra top of line stuff)

of course, im building an AMD system. :p

I've got one of the dual channel kits of HyperX 3200 running in my NF7-S and it seems to do OK. I pushed it to 210 FSB on at 2-3-2-6 timings before I started having problems.

The HyperX series seem a little expensive, even more than the ever-so-popular corsair... but I guess you gotta pay for premium RAM.. the advertised timings are lower than competing companies though..

I was gonna get some kingston but the price factor won me over to OCZ.

The PC3200/3500 HyperX memory is actually pretty cheap compared to Corsair, OCZ..etc, at least in my area. I think it's the best bang for the buck. I would have had to pay significantly more for similar Corsair sticks.

If you choose the Kingston, I'd go for the PC3500 memory at a few dollars more. It'll allow for tighter timings than the 3200 at the same speed and leave more room for overclocking. They love extra Vdimm as well.

nice to be here.

anyways, timings as i know them for overclocking i thought would be better like 2-2-2-5. o_O. (then again i dont know much about timings)

I am running my Kingston Hyper X PC3500 at 220Mhz FSB on my AMD system with 8-3-3-2 timings. That seems to be the timings that these things love, and it performs very well. I like the memory a lot, but as I look back, I wish I had gone with the Twinmos PC3200 with Winbond CH-5 chips.

HyperX isn't bad, but if you're on a budget, Twinmos or Buffalo with Winbond chips will probably be your best option.

HyperX can be a little picky too. It wouldnt work at all in my MSI K7N2 board.

ah, yeah i was considering buffalo cause of the bang for the buck.

still, what do you guys think of 2-2-2-5 timing anyways?

I think as long as the ram is of good quality, you can run it at lower than specified timings.

Back