• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW50 vs DD Radeon Block, lowest restriction?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HungLo

Registered
Hi all,

I'm about to install my DD White-water, I want to add a GPU block too. Taking the somewhat restrictive nature of the WW
into account, I wanted to team it with the least restrictive of
the 2 GPU blocks.

Anyone with experience with the 2 blocks, please add your
experiences!

I like the layout of the DD outlet barb better for my setup.
The MCW50 looks to me the least restrictive tho......

Help me decide!!!!

Thanx!

I am pretty sure that the MCW50 is less restrictive. I have myself never used a GPU block, but from what I have read the MCW50 is the least restrictive of the commercial GPU blocks.

I have the MCW50-T - it's the same Swiftech block you're referring to except it has an 80 W Peltier attached. Having purchased products from both DangerDen and Swiftech, I'd have to say, I give the craftmanship award to Swiftech. DangerDen's stuff is slightly DYI to me whereas the Swiftech block is an extremely well polished piece. Restriction-wise, I would say they are both very close - you probably won't see a difference between the two. The Swiftech block seems a little less "twisty" but it does have dimples in the baseplate that increases turbulence.

Here are some pics of my setup:

vidblock1.jpg

vidblock2.jpg

Enyo said:
Offtopic.. what tubing is that?.. and also what did you put in the water? uv die + water wetter..?

Just tygon. UV dye and zerex. That picture was taken before my system was completely bled so it appears a little foamy. The liquid is crystal clear now.

Thanx

Nice tubefest!! :)
(I know, mine will be like that too)

Thanx for the pics of the MCW50-T
The outlet on my setup will go to the front/bottom of case.
That's where I put my Res/Pump.
I hope the tubing won't mind the bend too much.
I got ClearFlex 60, so it should bend nicely.

How is the Mounting to the 9700? sturdy? any issues?

Thanx again,

Bernie.

edit: I forgot... If I get the MCW50... I read that I could use
stiff 1/2" OD tubing as inserts, instead of buying the adapters.

What did you use for yours? It gets my goat that Swiftech
charges extra for 1/2" adapters.!!! ($10 CAN.)

My ClearFlex is 1/2" ID.

method().man said:
I have the MCW50-T - it's the same Swiftech block you're referring to except it has an 80 W Peltier attached. Having purchased products from both DangerDen and Swiftech, I'd have to say, I give the craftmanship award to Swiftech. DangerDen's stuff is slightly DYI to me whereas the Swiftech block is an extremely well polished piece. Restriction-wise, I would say they are both very close - you probably won't see a difference between the two. The Swiftech block seems a little less "twisty" but it does have dimples in the baseplate that increases turbulence.

Last edited:
Heh, that vid card is actually a 9500 np ;).

Anyhow, the retention system is quite sturdy and well designed. It fits right into the holes on my card without a problem. The retention system uses screws with nylon washers and springs so getting even pressure on the core is pretty idiot-proof. As far as the adapters go, I just purchased them from cooltechnica so I don't know what name brand they are. They cost me another $4 US extra so yeah, it was a little annoying.

Me too

My card is a hard modded Saphire 9500np too. :)
It's running @365/325 on air. Water should be interesting.
How far did you push yours?

Mines at 423/330, unfortunately, softmodding didn't work without artifacts. Still, I'm pretty happy with the card though :). I'll probably volt mod it sometime down the line.

Back