• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

turning bi-dirictional trusts off in a domain -> subdomain relationship

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dodgertc

Registered
hi,

we have at work a main domain and want to be safe from logins coming from the subdomain. (the subdomain-users shouldnt be able to access anything in the main domain).
how to realize it best?

we added first a SDC to the domain and made sdc accounts in this subdomain. the subdomain users can happily access main domain shares and on the active trust setup there is a trust parent-> child relationship between the main and subdomain.
now the button "REMOVE" is greyed out, so i cant remove the bidirectional trust. how can i make the trust relationship unidirectional if its greyed out?

please help

dodger

I think you have to remove the SDC and the relationship from the sub to the primary. otherwise if you remove unidirectional trust the users on the subdomain would error out when trying to access resources on the primary domain (I think)

i forgot to write more when typing the first mail,

the trust is from pdc -> SDC -AND- from SDC -> PDC.
so its bidirectional.
i want to do it only unidirectional so only PDC->SDC, but the remove buttons are greyed out.

can i do it over the cmd tool ? couldnt find any info about tho.

greetings,
dodger

Back