• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF happened?!!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznchaos

ok i got my new heatsink and installed it. Then I start up my comp and i try to go into the bios and it doesnt go in so i turn it off. Then i turn it back on and all it says is 0. WTf is going on i hope my computer is ok.

I resetted my cmos and it started p and i got into my bios. Then I went to check my temp and it was 103C!!!!!:mad: :eek: :eek: .I turned it off right away but i didnt smell any burning or see any smoke. Now im scared to turn the damn thing on. How can my temps be so high wtf.I think the heatsink may not be making proper contact with the core.

I got a Speeze Falconrock i know its not that good, but my stock heatsink kept me at 40c so this should do beter. I cant get the heatsink straight though its ****ing me off and im wasting all my thermal paste.

Its better then the stock heatsink so it should keep it cooler. WHat is rma lol. Also which side is the tail of the zif socket?

ahh **** but it had good reviews. How do i return it back to newegg? I think it should be better then a sock heatsink tho.

You can't return the heatsink back to Newegg just because it 'sucks.' It had nothing to do with Newegg so you might be SOL. :(

The best thing you could do is sell it.

i got it installed good this time. And my idle temps are 45c thats worst then my stock heatsink. Maybe artic alimnia is not good enough. O well the heatsink was only $14.

i got it installed good this time. And my idle temps are 45c thats worst then my stock heatsink. Myabe artic alimnia is not good enough. O well the heatsink was only $14.

edit: posted twice on accident please delete it.

you can send it back to newegg and make an excuse like it wont mount etc. they just charge you 20% restocking fee and if it is not bad they will resell it. I sent back a 9500np because it wouldnt softmod. All i did was pay restock and all is well. you pay shipping too so weigh you options.

I dont understand how the stock cooler would cool better though. Maybe if i lap it. If i do lap it the copper on the base wouldent go away would it?

I got another question why is the fan speed at 2400 rpms but on newegg they say the fan speed is 2700 rpm?

That's pretty slow for a CPU fan. Most CPU fans should at least be in the 3,000 range. My fan cooler runs at 4,700RPMs. It can also depend on how large the fan is. A smaller fan ussualy will run at more RPMs than a bigger fan will.

Its airflow is 38cfm which is pretty good i guess. I think the temps are so high because the way i put the artic alumnia on (too much).

edit button. learn to love it.

you can delete your posts by hitting the edit button then selecting the box on the left then hitting the delete button on the right.

I check already no signs of damage. My computer is working fine just the temperatures are higher.

Back