• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everything is italic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrMarbles

I am using my brothers computer for a while (its win2k) and much of the test is displayed in italic when it isnt supposed to be. Its not limited to webpages either; names of song in winamp are displayed in italic, and even certain texts in games. This really doesnt bother him since he is used to it but it does bother me. I mean, what good is a computer it it cant display text correctly? I am at a complete loss of why this is happening although I a positive it isnt video card (since he is using mine at the moment). I am guessing its the OS.

Check to make sure you have the Arial.ttf in your fonts folder...C:WINNT\Fonts. When that particular font is missing, programs will often-times substitute the Arial Italic.ttf font to replace it....since the Arial font is the default for a number of programs. :)

Back