• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WATERCOOLING mosfets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lammy

Registered
Watercooling mosfets? Any mosfet waterblocks out there?
Has anyone made a DYI watercooling system with mosfets waterblocks?

thoughts?

it would have to be a custom deal for every board out there. thats why they can do waterblocks for ram, or cpu, or GPU, because they are all pretty much the same (you know what i mean)

but the mosfet placement is different on alot of boards. just put some tweakmonster ramsinks on em..and call it a day

I saw that Blade Runner made a block for his mosfets. I believe it was on an NF7-S but I'm not positive.

All you need to make them is a hack saw and an old passive heat sink size it up and use the pins as a guid a dremel dose clean them up nice if you want them to look good after ;)

The placement of the mofests on the 8rda are in a nice straight line. I am thinking of making a block similiar to the size of a disposable cigarette lighter, with just one channel drilled right through the block, and elbows on either side of it.

I like the idea cause it sounds like mosfets have alot of heat that needs to be carried away. A problem thats needs a solution.

You usually see heatsinks glued/screwed to mosfets in a psu, why are the specs for motherboard mosfets and different?

Anyways, I'll let you guys know what I come up with :)

neomoses was working on one at one point. he had drawings, and specs. i dont think there was enough interest for em tho. basically all it was, was a piece of long, narrow copper with a hole drilled straight through it. or maybe his was actually a milled channel and then he had a top to go on it. i cant remember, but either way it would do the same thing.

Back