• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gotta love the low voltage b stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zPacKRat

I've been away from this board for some time now, mostly due to the lack of funds for a new system. Well, I spent a wopping 60 bucks at Fry's here in San Diego for the always popular ECS/AMD combo. They had the K7S5A pro and 1800+ retail and I just couldn't pass it up, the worst that could happen would be the board would be total **** and I would take it back for a refund. Well the computer gods have smiled upon me, I replaced the CMOS battery before I even mounted the board and other than having to reload XP it's been smooth to date. I decided to void my AMD warranty by removing the TIM for some AS II tonight and figured I would try my luck:D, I took some strands of wire (5 of em) and socket/pin modded my CPU to a 15 multi with no voltage and I'll be damned it posted no problem, I may try and bump the FSB from 133 after some stability testing, I'm gonna have to stash some cash for a better cooler than the stock one that came with the CPU, as well as some DDR ram. I'm currently using 2 matched albeit generic 256mb cas 2 sticks of sdram. Temps are at 46 degrees now after 20 or so minutes.
I'll be back with an update to the stability testing and FSB tinkering.
I must say I've missed having a new setup to tweak to it's full potential.

Last edited:
Back