• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500 Couple of Q's Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frumpco_

Hi I was wondering a few things about the Barton 2500 if we have a few minutes here please...

1. I have the Volcano 9 HSF would this work with the Barton 2500?
2. Do I have to do anything IE Wire trick withthe Barton 2500 or jsut raise the FSB?
3. Also anyone with a MSI KT4V-L what is your Mult and FSB?

Thank You for you time!

1. Yes, but you may need a better HSF to get more out of the procesor
2. You will have the lower multiplier range unlocked. This is probably all that you will need

Gautam said:
1. Yes, but you may need a better HSF to get more out of the procesor
2. You will have the lower multiplier range unlocked. This is probably all that you will need

OK I will look into a better HSF do I need to just go into my BIOS and lower the multi there or is there any "painting" or wire tricks?

No painting is required you just go into the BIOS and change whatever setting you want.
But as mentioned above, you will propably be limited the lower range of multipliers which is x5 - x12.5

I was looking for a HSF to replace my Valcano 9 for the 2500 Barton I am getting I am looking at the following which one would be the best?

1. VOLCANO 11 XASER EDITION
2. VA4-C7040 AEROFLOW
3. COOLMASTER AERO 7+

the THERMALRIGHT SLK-800(A) is alittle out of my budget right now, I would like to stick with one of those 3 if I can.

Thanks

I will look for the Thermalright SK-7 at a few stores around here and see if I can find one of them... if not which one out of the 3 would be the "best"?

Where are you, Canada?

There were some threads talking about where to get Thermalrights up there I believe...

Maybe post a "Where can I get Thermalrights in Canada" new thread asking about it, somebody should know.

those all seem nice, but you can use your current heatsink, spend $13.00US on a thermaltake smart case fan 2, and strap that on the heatsink, it can blow up to 75cfm(loud), down to
25cfm(very quiet), and any where in between

no, you must lose the duct mod, and you'll have to mod the fan on there, wires or whatever floats your boat

for instance, i bought a cooler master aero 7+, took off the "turbine fan" setup, and strapped the tt scf 2 on there

I would just like to recomend the vantec aeroflow, got it for $27 US and at stock settings and vcore my barton dropped to 33c idle/ 36 load, I'm overclocked rock solid to 2.2ghz (200 x 11) with 1.7 vcore right now and temps are looking good at 41 idle/ 46 load, both drop 5 degrees when I leave the case open cause my case circulation sucks.

Anyways, I'd also like to point out that it's the quietest solution of the 3, although the fan is probably a little louder than the rest of your case, nowhere near as loud as something like the smartfan 2 though, I had one of those in my case and it sounded like a hairdryer so I had to take it out. I'm working on a duct mod to put a 120mm fan on my aeroflow made out of aluminum, I'll post the results when I finish.

side note: if you do go with the aeroflow, watch the fan for the first minute or so after you start up, a few of them are defective, but if it doesn't give out right after it starts, it's fine

Back