• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OC] Phenom II x6 1055T - help me to get the last Performance out of it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks guys.
Now I will try how far I can UV until the Percormance is too bad.
Just got the option to get an Ryzen System for cheap, guess I will take it and then use this one as NAS.

btw,I have deactivated Turbo, CnQ and all the other stuff and yet the CPU clocks down in idle, ..why?

Last edited:
lol fail, seems that within one of my hundreds of restarts I have reenabled CnC....

And I guess I was a little bit too hasty as the PC was not yet stable.
Smallest FFT was no problem for several hours but with Blend I got within minutes an BSOD. Hope that reduced NB works now.

Blend works the memory harder. Most on this forum recommend small FFT but personally, I prefer Blend as it is probably more like real life computing.

So, if Smallest, Small and apparently Large works for hours without problems but in Blend it fails within minutes or ssome hours, ... what should I do?

urgh, I feared you would say that. :(
memtest, frequency, Voltage, the whole program or is there something with that I should begin?

So, if Smallest, Small and apparently Large works for hours without problems but in Blend it fails within minutes or ssome hours, ... what should I do?

If it fails after stress testing for "some hours" I would call it good.

Generally, bad RAM presents quickly through gross instability and crashes but it wouldn't hurt to run memtest86. If you have already done this and it passes then there is no need to do it again.

Sounds more to me like there are other issues like maybe the motherboard VRM overheating.

By now, we have lost track of the details of your hardware and your settings. Please create a Signature so that they will travel with every post. You can refer to mine for guidance if you wish so that you know what kinds of things we look for. To create a Signature, click on "Settings" in the upper right corner and look down the left side for "Edit Signature." Creating a Sig is common courtesy for the community trying to help you.

Okay, will do.
Well, it now crashed 2-3 times after less than 30 minutes and 4-5 times after at least two hours.

It is the quantity of sticks and the fact that they're not matched sets.
You need 2 matching sticks, in the right slots, and then you can work on speed and timings.
Don't think grandeur and go for really high speed. Think in the 1600 range and work on the timings at that point.

lol, 1600MHz...
I am running at 1060MHz since even without OC the CPU only supports 1066 at stock and even OV to 1.65V does not change that.

Try taking out 8gb of RAM and running with only 8gb, two modules the same.

lol, 1600MHz...
I am running at 1060MHz since even without OC the CPU only supports 1066 at stock and even OV to 1.65V does not change that.

Negative. If you check my pic, you see I'm running a little over 1500 MHz, and that's underclocked due to the high bus speed I'm running. Thuban can run 1800 all day long. I've seen some over 2000.

If you can't get over 1066 without BSOD you got some sh1t hardware somewhere.

I am currently testing the kits separately in Blend.
I haven´t testet often enough to say anything exactly, but I have gotten cases where I got immediately BSOD after starting it and then again cases where it ran for at least ~2 hours.

Not sure if this fits here, but I have something else which was already there before I started OC.

When I get an forced restart due to BSDO, power loss or whatever then the PC does not really start anymore.
Meaning I can push the power btn on it, I hear the fans going up and some LEDs but the System does apparently not load. I don´t even see the BIOS or any messages.
Sometimes I have to "start" the PC like five to ten times to start it with all the stuff.
Which makes it even more frustrating is that after an forced shutdown Windows wants to test the storage and after itßs done it does not start and just stays blank. Or I get an "Computerrepair" option where I can choose Restart or to "resume Windows", but everytime the screen then stays black.
And I can begin from anew to hopefully get into the normal bootsequence and then into Windows without the Repair and Integritiy.

Due to this I have already ran memtest68 and all the four kits got two passes.

Tell us about your PSU. Make and model and wattage. How old is it?

Also, please add the PSU component to your Signature.

THIS ^^^^^

That is a PSU or motherboard issue. You need to get that problem squared away before you even think about anything else. Could be the root cause of all of your problems.
Should have told us this in your first post. Would have saved a lot of dicking around.

hmm you think this and my Blend problems belong together?

PSU:...be quiet e7 500W

I have now tested the two kits separately and I still get BSOD´s in Blend after good ~30 minutes. The kits were in different Ram Slots.

PSU is an older discontinued (more that 5 years old) model made by FSP. 4 18w rails with only a total of 420w available of 500w.
Personally, I would replace that. It wasn't that great to begin with.
There are bigger better PSU's out now that are relatively cheap.

Well, everything in this PC is old ;)
FSP is the mother company of bq?

How would the PSU affect this instability?
I have already tested GPU in Heaven + prime in Smallest together and I did not get any problems... after several hours.

And how would the PSU make this startup behaviour?

I am planning to buy an Ryzen System anyway when Zen3 comes out, most likely an used 2000 or 3000er . Then this one will be Underclocked and UV and wander into my NAS.

Last edited:
Back