• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help picking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
okay mabey people here would like to point me in the right direction

i may be in the market of getting a new mobo soon

i would like and amd system that will take a barton 2500 right now and going higher later
firewire is not nesscary
usb 2 is nessacary
raid is a plus but not nesscary
serial ata is plus but also not nesscary
no on board video
no on bard sound
doesnt have to be flashy and colorful

dual channel ddr im still on the fense about but i would like at least 3 or 4 slots for ram

i would prefer onboard nic 10/100 but doenst mater a nic is like 5 bucks now a days

overclocking is not going to be an option on this board since its going to be for my workcomputer

im a fan of gigabit but that doesnt mean i wont look at everything

if you suggest something please provide some sort of link and why you think its a good board

and i would like to cap it off at 100 bucks

thanks a ton

you can get refurb nf7-s or a7n8x-dlx for about 100 at newegg is you can find one.

an msi k7n2 delta-ilsr should suit you, and it goes for about 100
(theres one refurb on newegg for 79)

New 8rda+ or NF7 for 80-95$ Or if you want to save some more cash check out some Solteks.

I got an 8RDA+ from Newegg a week or two ago: great board, lot's of features and an excellent price: $83 brand new. :)

That gets my vote.

As a plus, it can overclock quite well so if you feel the need to slightly overclock (just on the principle that a non-overclocked pc is criminal :D) one or two mhz won't hurt a thing, lol ;)

Back