• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooking northbridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

Just got a temp probe hooked up to my northbridge and it's reading 77C (172F) on the northbridge on my K7D Master!!! How hot can the MPX (AMD 761) run without damage? This kind of concerns me but I haven't had any instability issues. thanks.

77 celsius on an NB chip seems very high to me... I would definitely do something about it before it takes any damage.

A good zalman NB cooler and good airflow should keep it down.

Cheers, Flix

um no... he's got a MPX board,.. the zalman would be insufficent at an MPX board...

77 celcius is normal for the MPX... though if you're overclocking, i'd suggest using a old celeron hsf on it or something...

you need something thats capable of dissapating at least about 40 watts... so if you're still bent on using a "normal" nb cooler, i'd go with a northpole copper skived... should be about 15usd... which is why i'd suggest using an older celeron hsf...

oh wait... i see you're watercooled... getting any old nb block would do much better than some hsf...

stuff like a dd z chipset block, and use zip ties to mount it as you would be mounting to a 875... should be better than anything else out there.. should also bring ur nb down to the mid 30's...

Back