• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Adjustments for P4C800/TWINX3200LL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ceylon

Registered
What are your OC adjustments?

System:
P4C800
TWINX 1024-3200LL
2.6c @ 3,25

CPU-FSB: 249
Dram 320
AGP auto
CPU V-Core auto
DDR auto
AGP 1.5v

Memory Settings:
2-3-3-6
Dram Burst 4

PAT is on
HT is on

I cant get higher than 249 FSB... Do anybody have the same board & rams and get more FSB? What did you done?

CPU-FSB: 249
Dram 320
AGP auto
CPU V-Core auto
DDR auto
AGP 1.5v

New settings:
Dram 320
AGP - Fix to 66/33
CPU - Set to manual @ 1.5875v
DDR - Set to 2.85v
AGP - Set to 1.6v

Leave the other mem settings for now. Turn PAT off. See what the cpu can do first and then you can come back and tweak the memory later.

texasfit said:

New settings:
Dram 320
AGP - Fix to 66/33
CPU - Set to manual @ 1.5875v
DDR - Set to 2.85v
AGP - Set to 1.6v

Leave the other mem settings for now. Turn PAT off. See what the cpu can do first and then you can come back and tweak the memory later.

If you followed texasfit new settings you should be able to do better then 253fsb. If not then something is definately limiting you. I don't think its your MB but rather your CPU/memory.

Try relaxing your memory timing and put your divider to 3/2 then up your fsb to see if you can push your CPU any higher. If you can then most likly your memory is the culprit. Also check your temps above 250fsb it can start to get hot. Keep us posted.

Ok Guys, i was for a 4 days "Fear & loathing in..." trip in Amsterdam. ;-)

So i'm back!

With the rams settings 2.5 - 4 - 4 - 6, i can run stable at 253 FSB. If i run my ram with 266 i can reach FSB 255 but my system isn't stable!

Some northbridges get hotter than others. You may not need active cooling, but it will assure you that your chipset is probably not your overclock bottleneck.

250FSB is not a very high NB speed. It is quite possible that the NB is fine at those speeds with no fan. When you get into the 275 or 300 MHz range, though, you shoud definitely have active cooling.

There is no reason not to cool the northbridge, especially on an Asus where you have a nice flat surfact to superglue a cheap, quiet 40mm fan.

Back