• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my IC7-MAX3!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saboral

It finally came and I built my dream machine. Well my second dream machine. I bought the IC7-MAX3 and omfg it is the most heavenly motherboard ever. I am coupling it with a P4 3.0C 800FSB Processor and (based on Anandtech's article on the memory holy grail) 1Gb (2 DIMMS) of OCZ 3700 Memory. I just built it Sunday and had some initial cooling problems but after removing the stock heatsink, lapping the copper to a mirror shine and reapplying it with a heaping glob of arctic silver, the processor is now running at 3.5GHz (1.6V) with stock cooling at 45C under load! I am going to try and bring it up even more in the next couple of days and will keep you all informed. Also when I got the board I initially ran some tests being skeptical of the OTES Mosfet cooler so I removed it and tested the cases ambient temp and wow it was a 10C difference! After reinstalling the OTES the temp droped back down 10C! Now this was done in a semi uncontrolled enviroment so I would like to see what others have to say. Also the green leds in the otes are a nice touch with the window in the side of my case! I am overall entirely satisfied with this motherboard, the only problem I am having is that my +3.3V keeps droping below the preset allowed limits in the ABit software and causes alarms to off now instead of just turning off the alarms anyone got any advice on how to raise the +3.3V voltage? Only other problem to report was I had to abondon using the IDE secure device because it would not allow me to install windows 2000 I am sure this is because of something I did wrong because the instructions are pretty clear for it! Anyways to all those skeptics out there your wrong this board is not just a fad it is one of the greatest boards I have ever had the privilage of owning! If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] Thx!:D Abit you have one super satisfied customer!

Well iam happy for you.
I too have this uber great board but the fact that i have had IC7 before makes me a bit curious about the 10c drop because of the Otes.
Yes the componets is maby alot cooler but the case along with it, i dunno.
I have the exact same temps in my case 29/30c idel and 32 full load.

I just hope that you dont get any BIOS errors as i have posted a thread regarding just that.
And for the MAX3 it (must) eat alot more pwr then IC7.
Alot more componets and fans, lights etc has been added, that just have to make the board draw more power from the psu then its younger brother IC7.

I just hope that they will fix the bios issue.

/cheers...

Last edited:
Back