• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 fans on one rheostat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevral

Registered
The Sunbeam Rheobus fan controller can handle 20W per channel. Using fans that draw less than 3W on full power, is it possible/ can it be recommended to connect 2 fans to 1 channel on the controller?

Pretty much what I was thinking, but this is way out of my field, so I didn't dare assume.
Thanks!

I'm doing it right now on my Vantec Nexus with two 80mm fans on one channel. Hasn't caused a single problem.

kevral said:
Pretty much what I was thinking, but this is way out of my field, so I didn't dare assume.
Thanks!

It's always good to ask instead of assume. It helps to get an informed answer to understand why things might go wrong, not just if they will. Don't be afraid to ask and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :)

I have the Sunbeam Rheobus, I have two Tornadoes on one Channel.

Never had a problem even on full blast, its the best controller out there.

Load it up with even three or four normal fans per channel and be amazed at how much better it is than the Nexus.

I've even had no problems with two fans on my homemade rheobus with 5W rheostats. I had the forsight to equip every rheostat with both a three-pin fan connector and a four-pin molex connector, so I can control even those pesky slot coolers. What next? Hmm... two-pin connector for my northbridge fan? :D

Back