• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new nf7/xp2500 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

selahrecords

Registered
hello,
building a computer for my boss, and using a setup i built for myself....NF7 and XP2500, I'm going out of my mind trying to get this thing to post. No matter what I seem to do it just beep (pause) beep (pause) continually. I've swapped out memory, video card, and power supply. I've reseated the Processor, but like I've said nothing works...any suggestions?

sean

Man, this is a tough call. How many sticks of RAM are you using? If two, have you tried one? In different slots? Can you try a different brand? I had a similar experience with my EPOX 8rda+ and my mushkin. I had to boot off a stick of crucial to get things going.

HTH

just using one stick of ram tried kingston and buffalo...the buffalo works in my NF7....so weird i swear...

perhaps taking out the battery might help? i'm running out of ideas...but how dangerous is it to take out the battery to a board?

Oh, that is not a problem. Pop the battery out adn unplug the PSU. Let it sit for 5-15 mins for the BIOS/CMOS to reset completely.

If that doesn't work, you may just have to RMA the board. These things, as you well know, should just work when you get them (as long as you did your homework and know how to troubleshoot stupid mistakes).

check if the vid card is seated all the way as well. i was working on a firends comp and after installing a new hsf it wouldnt post and im like wtf just beeping at me we didnt do anything. Then i discovered the agp card was like a milimeter out of its socket and sure enough that was enough to stop the post.

I actually had the same problem with my BP6 mobo...wouldn't post properly...turned out to be the floppy cable as well!!

Back