• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth uprgrading to barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

I am hopefully getting a new setup soon and I can just about afford a barton 2500 with the rest. I know they have twice the L2 cache but I wondered if at their average OC are they that much better than T-Bred 1800 at their average OC?

i def think so.. average barton oc are 2.2-2.3 which is more or less around the average of a 1800+ the extra cache puts the barton over the 1800+ in my opinion

Yeh I have the setup all worked out, I think an asus A7N8X nforce 2 board and some crucial pc2700 all going to plan. I have to sort the multis on this one first before I sell it though.

I prefer my t-bred at 2.5ghz over my previous barton at 2.3ghz even though the barton gave the best 3dmark results. The extra mhz on the t-bred makes the system seem quicker IMHO.

you can actually notice the difference between 2.3 and 2.5 ghz ?

I really cant even tell the difference between my 2100+(stock, celly 3.6ghz, and my barton machine....they are all fast...just gaming tells the story.

Also do you know how good your dlt3c overclocks ? Seems like your mobo and ram are holding you back big time and you might have one helluva chip sitting there. Maybe you should wait on the barton and see how overclocking that 1800+ on an nforce2 feels

I wouldn't do it. I just bought a 2500+ and it doesn't o'clock for crap. I can't get it past 2Ghz, maybe I'm unlucky, but my 1800+ was running great at 2.2Ghz.

i agree with DipStickTony, you should give your 1800+ a whirl and see what it does, besides...you wont notice a real world difference between the 2, only benchmarks will. i switched from a 2500+ to an 1800+ DLT3C, not because i wanted to, but because i did a good job chipping the die on my barton and i was a little short on cash for another one.

Thanks for the advice. Ill wait till I get the new MB then and see how the chip does with that. I just thought that the L2 cache was supposed to make a fair difference.

Back