• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500 or 1800?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gixxer420

Which of these would you buy and why? Will be picking them up from excalibur. I currently have a 2700 but not to happy with its overclocking. I have a 8rda+ mb with a gig of twinmos pc 3700. I have also got a gig of corsair xms 3500.
Would it benefit me as well to get a abit board and ditch the epox? Thx for the help.

it seems that i can't get over 220 fsb. i lower the mult to 10 and raise my voltage to 1.85 and set my timings to 2.5-3-3-11 it boots but 3dmark craps out. i have the vdd mod done to the mb too 1.9v.

Well your problem is the RAM not the CPU, up the RAM voltage (not CPU voltage), usually its called VDIMM in the BIOS. Bring it up to 2.8-2.9 (specially for these high FSBs) and see what you can do then. Also did you try higher multiplier at the highest stable FSB or any other FSB x multi combination to get higher CPU speed?

I have the ram voltage as high as my bios will allow 2.99 I think is the max. I have not tried say 215 @ 11 or anything like that. I have just been trying to get the highest fsb i can get.

Have you tried increasing the VDD (chipset) voltage in the bios? The cpu should not affect your FSB overclocking. FSB is only limited by the motherboard and ram.

the only way to change the vdd is to solder a resister on it which i have done. The voltage is at 1.9 on the vdd.

Are you running dual channel? That can lower you FSB OC. Try rearranging you memory module(s) as that can also make a difference.

I am running dual channel. I have tried different slots with the XMS but not this new twinmos 3700. I'll give it a chance and see but I doubt it will help at all.

Well, can you guys answer the question thgouh not trying to be mean.. but im in a mess.. I want a 2500+ but im not sure.. Im getting an NF-7 S mobo and a SLK 700? heatsink

I would probably go with whichever one was cheaper, so I guess 1800+. I'd also keep the 8rda+, but again,I'm kinda cheap.

Back