• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help: BSOD Problem !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

STONEGOLEM

Registered
Hi my friends,

I have a BSOD problem, but I can't figure it's reason.

Most of my pc parts are new (only Radeon 9700pro isn't new). I have bought them 3 mounths before.

I had this problem before but when I bought a new PSU my problem had gone. I tested it several times every day for 1 week and there were no problems. I leave my pc about 2 months (I travelled another location for 2 months) when I came back(this night) I tested my pc again and I shocked :(

The Problem:

When system starts, sometimes BSOD accurs and system automatically restarts...

Please look below for my system information, I update my motherboards BIOS to 1.06

CPU and Motherboard temperatures are low,
CPU: max 35 (without OC)
MB: max 30 (without OC)

When I tried OverClocking max temperature readings are CPU:45, MB:35

is your windows registered?

my brother had same problem, so he finally bought a real copy of windows and everything works now

even if you do, try a fresh install, registry could be scrambled from all the previous problems

When I remove OC everything seems normal (for now) Please help me to find some correct OC settings. First of all I need to understand "vcore settings". In BIOS screen there are different voltage settings (agp etc.) and AGP frequency settings I don't know what to do with them.

I increased vcore voltage from 1.65 to 1.70 to solve the problem.

System seems stable at 12x175. If windows starts without BSOD there is no problem. It works. But sometimes, at system startup there is a BSOD and system restarts again.

If system start normal... It goes without problem ???

What do you say about this? Where is the problem?

I know that I'm a newbie about OC but I'm reading about OC from forums. I added "slk700+TMD Fan" and I added a "small fan on North Bridges passive cooler" for extra cooling. I added a 450w PSU for OC voltage stability.

I recently read a post about "dual ram usage problems" do I have it?

I have:
Barton 2500+ (@11x166 and vcore: 1.65)
KINGSTON 2x256 Pc3200 Ram (dual mode)

What can I do for reaching 12 x 185

yours respectfully... Stonegolem

Last edited:
ok, the rundown

vcore is for overall clock speed
agp voltage is for your vid card
memory voltage is for tighter timings

if raising the vcore got u into windows, but sometimes dosn't, raise it more, but watch your temps

Thanks Molester,

I want to opeate my system at:
@12X185
or
@11X200

My "south bridge" have no cooler on it. What is your suggest about BIOS settings?

I have just try these setting:

CPU:
@11.5 x 190 (vcore: 1.70)

RAM:
6 - 3 - 3 - 2.5

AGP Frequency: 66

(the other settings like "agp voltage", "memorg voltage" are default)

Temperatures after tests are:
CPU: 40 C (I think it will go up to 50 C at hard times)
MB : 35 C (maybe it will go up to 40 C at hard times)

What do you say about these setting? I have tested this configuration with 3D Mark 2003(default) and no problem accurred. When I tried x12(with FSB 185, 190) the test generally fails :( and sometimes BSOD accurs while windows starts

I'm not sure about BSOD. Why it's happening? if BSOD happens the windows restarts... and if BSOD not accurs(with same settings?!) everything is fine... there are no problems after windows start.

Last edited:
*TURN OFF* "FSB Spread Spectrum in the BIOS - this may be causing instability for you.

That overclock shouldn't be causing serious problems at those temperatures - if windows is BSODing when you restart it is almost definetely due to a lack of Service pack one, which requires a legit copy of Windows XP or a Windows Xp CD key Changer to install. And this site is against software piracy (as am I ;)) - so officially you need a legit copy of Windows XP.

I have just able to read that BSOD message. Restart action is too fast to read the complete BSOD screen and the error message.

it is something like:

IRQ_IS_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS_THAN_......

I have searched forums for this BSOD, some of them says "it's a operating system failure"

so, I agree both of you "Molester" and "Felinusz"

I have installed SP1 with no problems. This BSOD is rare and I don't want to reinstall WinXP :(

Now I'm using Baron XP2500+(@11.5 x 190) system seems fully stable (with tests, games and 3d modelling software) But as I already say, if a random BSOD accurs, system restart. If system starts normal... everything goes without problem...

Thank all of you for your help, if anyone have a different solution about my BSOD problem, please tell me.

you might need a little more vcore, you should be able to set it to 200x11 w/ 1.7vcore right out of the packaging

that's pretty much how this process works, you keep upping the clockspeed, and if it becomes unstable, up the vcore

only thing that'll limit you is your temps, and you got a good cooling setup, just try and keep the tips below 55c under load

some allow higher, but i myself don't like my temps over 50c

Thank you for your help.

I restored default settings (@11 x166 and vcore:1.65) for a small period of time.

I'll try and report back the solutions soon.

yours respectfully... Stonegolem.

Hmm. I can't understand the meaning of "timesplitters fan"

I can't do overclocking for a small period of time, because of my other duties. I need a fully stable PC for 1 week :) so I remove OC.

I'll OC again and report back the results.

thanks for your help.

Hi my friends,

I'm reporting back the results

I overclocked my system @11x200 and vcore: 1.725
It seems stable for now :)

My 3D Mark 2003(default settings) Score with OC(@11x200) is: 5017

(there is nothing new about BSOD problem)

Thank all of you for your help.

You should also consider testing system stability with prime95 (do a google search for "prime95" ), this program will let you know if there are any problems with your system stabilty that won't be noticible when running everyday windows and light gaming.

IF you are still getting BSOD problems with Windows you might want to consider re-installing windows (I know it takes a lot of time and suffering to do... :(), and you also might want to check for viruses (sounds stupid- but has happened to me before!) !

Good luck!

:)

Back