• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking in dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ne0-reloaded

Registered
i gotta lil problem. today i upgraded my ram from 1x256 to 2x256/1x512 (1gb) pc3200 corsair. i tried ocing and the farthest i was able to reach with default vcore (1.65v) is 168x10.5 (166x11 is stock for my barton - 2500+). anything above 168x10.5 i cant even post. before i installed the ram, i could reach 211x10.5 no prob w/ 1.75 vcore (never finished testing). im not 100% sure, but i think my ocing ability was affected because of the ram being in dual channel. if anyone has any tips/suggestions/comments that would help me oc more,please post, i appreciate. 168x10.5 is a pretty lousy oc i think.

also, after installing the ram, i ran the aida32 memory benchmark and got reasonably lower scores than before the upgrade.

one more thing. when i 1st installed the ram, win xp pro wouldnt load had to reinstall it. just a while ago, i tried to oc it again, it wouldnt post, so i reset my bios. now windows takes twice as long to load up.

All sticks have to be the same or else system will run at the speed of the slowest RAM stick.

Increase Vcore and Vdimm voltage.
Watch your temps if you're not using good cooling.

Test each stick individually to see how high it will overclock.

all sticks are value select pc 3200 corsair. ill bumb the vdimm and vcore up and see if i can get a stable oc. if that doesnt work, ill test each stick individually to see what happens and post back.

thanks for the reply.

note: i bought my 1st 256 stick july 1st and bout the other 256 and 512 last week. i know dual channel can be funny and ur "supposed to" used tested ram as dual ram, so could this be the problem?

Back