• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sisoft sandra???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molester

ok, how do i use this, i'm looking at 40 different icons, what do i use, what should i test, how do i look at it, lol, sorry, just don't know what to do w/ this program, lol

Experiment, its fun ;)

I have used the burn in wizard in the past but I much prefer prime95 over it. The most useful things to me are the system summary and the benchmarks (CPU arithmetic, CPU multimedia,Memory bandwidth, cache & memory, file system). One nice thing is that you can save your previous benchmarks and compare against them or you can compare against different types of systems.

only thing i seem to like is to see it's estimated pr rating of my processor, 3553, lol, other than that it seems completely useless, wasted hard drive space if you ask me, i'll wait to uninstall it to see what others say/use it for

:eek: :eek: To each his own I suppose. The sandra benchmarks are a fairly standard way of comparing performance from machine to machine. The memory bandwidth benchmark, even with its shortcomings, is an invaluable tool for determining the benefit of more fsb vs tighter memory timings and less fsb etc. Sandra and MBM5 are the first apps I install on any new machine I build ;)

Back