• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Ram for Asus p4p800 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funky_choons

Hello :)

I need some help please?!

I am going to buy an Asus p4p800 motherboard, either the deluxe or normal one. I am getting a P4 2.6ghz fsb800 as well, unless anyone tells me its not good!!
What im confused about is which make of ram to buy, and should i get PC3200, 3700 or 4000???
Ive seen so many reviews that im now more confused than i was to start with!!! lol
I want 1gb running in dual mode and i will be overclocking to 3.0ghz or maybe more.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

depends on whether u want to run 1-1 at high fsb frequencies,or 5/4 with tight timings..also, alot depends on how high the cpu will go. doesnt make any sense to get some real screaming 1-1 stuff and only be able to oc the fsb to 250.

Im not sure what those figures mean and how do i know what the cpu will do before ive even bought it???
I was just after some nice memory that could be overclocked a bit with the other parts i mentioned.

I would recommend buying a 2.4C, it will most likely allow for better overclocks than the 2.6C. Our OCZ PC3700 and PC4000 Gold memory is very good at overclocking. If you are on a budget, the Premier series stuff is pretty darn good as well.

-Sean

most 2.6 cpu's will average around 3.2 -3.4, with some rare ones up to 3.6. If you go by the high average which is 3.4,that would be a fsb a little over 260.most good pc4000 will run up to 275-285 speeds, (faster if you run high memory voltage ). this memory is designed for loose timings which means its not as efficient as the slower memory (pc3500) that can run with tight timings. so u would be probably be better of getting some good pc3500 and run a 5/4 ratio.

PC3500 stuff sounds good to me, cheaper anyway!!
What do you mean by ratio 5/4 ? I dunno what thats is!!!

Thanks

Back