• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bambislayer

JUST GOT 2 STICKS OF BUFFALO 512 PC3700 FROM NEWEGG.
WAY BETTER THAN THE KINGSTON HYPER X THAT I HAD. AFTER 2 DAYS ALREADY UP TO 213 AND CLIMBING.THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO I RECIEVED BY SERCHING THIS FORUM

I bought one stick to get my system up and running and was saving for the second. Went to the site to order it and they are out - doh! Will have to wait now, but I hope they get more in soon! ;)

i also recently purchased some PC3700 buffallo....Im nost sure if my results are good thus far or not...i.e. what are the average results users get?

so far ive been able to do 215 on my NF7-S @ 5-2-2-CL2 + 3.02vdimm (max)

I thought I might be able to get more mhz out of her w/ 3v but maybe I need more? maybe a volt mod and try 3.2v? then again Ive read the NF7 can be a little strange when it comes to FSB..i t ried 120 w/ some crap timngs and it would not even boot. im using the v18 BIOS and am running it w/a barton @ 2.4ghz.

I may try that L12 mod...but i fear ill screw something up as I always do. (perfect example....i reverted to the v10 BIOS for my board and ended up corrupting the data in the BIOS chip...had to pay 20 bucks to get a new one. :mad:

EDIT: also...both of my 512mb sticks are recognized as PC2700 DDR RAM in CPU-Z.....why is this? shouldnt it be recognized as PC3700?

Last edited:
-=TriX-R4-KidS= said:
i also recently purchased some PC3700 buffallo....Im nost sure if my results are good thus far or not...i.e. what are the average results users get?

so far ive been able to do 215 on my NF7-S @ 5-2-2-CL2 + 3.02vdimm (max)

I thought I might be able to get more mhz out of her w/ 3v but maybe I need more? maybe a volt mod and try 3.2v? then again Ive read the NF7 can be a little strange when it comes to FSB..i t ried 120 w/ some crap timngs and it would not even boot. im using the v18 BIOS and am running it w/a barton @ 2.4ghz.

I may try that L12 mod...but i fear ill screw something up as I always do. (perfect example....i reverted to the v10 BIOS for my board and ended up corrupting the data in the BIOS chip...had to pay 20 bucks to get a new one. :mad:

EDIT: also...both of my 512mb sticks are recognized as PC2700 DDR RAM in CPU-Z.....why is this? shouldnt it be recognized as PC3700?

As far as I know those programs just look at the speed they are running at.

Though you should make your own thread I will give some suggestions here.

Have you tried lowering your multiplier to see if the CPU is the limiting factor? Are you cooling your mosfetsa and NB etc. sufficiently? You might have to lower the timings to get much better (possible but who knows).

You might also try each of your sticks indivitualy to see if one of them is limiting the other.

CrashOveride said:

As far as I know those programs just look at the speed they are running at.

Though you should make your own thread I will give some suggestions here.

Have you tried lowering your multiplier to see if the CPU is the limiting factor? Are you cooling your mosfetsa and NB etc. sufficiently? You might have to lower the timings to get much better (possible but who knows).

You might also try each of your sticks indivitualy to see if one of them is limiting the other.

thx for the reply...CPU isnt the limiting factor....its capable of 2.45ghz P95 stable.

ill start a new thread.

Thx again

JUST GOT 2 STICKS OF BUFFALO 512 PC3700 FROM NEWEGG.
WAY BETTER THAN THE KINGSTON HYPER X THAT I HAD. AFTER 2 DAYS ALREADY UP TO 213 AND CLIMBING.THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO I RECIEVED BY SERCHING THIS FORUM
With 2-2-2-5 you will not go much more than you are now in. I was stopped at 217 with 2.85V. Then I used Mushkin(g) L2 PC3500 and the same timmings got me to 220. Therefore Mushin is better though granted more expensive as well.

Winbond BH-5 memory will do miracles with high voltage. If your able, try doing a volt-mod on your motherboard to enable 3.2V. Then see just how high it will go with the high juice.

hahahaha said:

With 2-2-2-5 you will not go much more than you are now in. I was stopped at 217 with 2.85V. Then I used Mushkin(g) L2 PC3500 and the same timmings got me to 220. Therefore Mushin is better though granted more expensive as well.

A lot more expensive! esp for 3 mhz... and that is probably just luck of hte draw.

A lot more expensive! esp for 3 mhz... and that is probably just luck of hte draw.
I doubt that. I think Buffalo requires a lot more luck. Mushkin customer service is unprecedented. Try Buffalo.
Besides I am not the only one that says so.
Another thing, at the top the differences are small but they are important. That is like a 100 m dash runner. The difference between 10.20 and 10.00 is much smaller than the difference between 10.00 and 9.80, got it?
3 MHz FSB means 39 MHz on 2.6C and that is not small difference.

Last edited:
hahahaha said:

I doubt that. I think Buffalo requires a lot more luck. Mushkin customer service is unprecedented. Try Buffalo.
Besides I am not the only one that says so.
Another thing, at the top the differences are small but they are important. That is like a 100 m dash runner. The difference between 10.20 and 10.00 is much smaller than the difference between 10.00 and 9.80, got it?

Good points.
Still to me its not worth it. Esp. since they use the same chips (so the only differnce is the Heatspreader and PCB).

Well Buffalo BH-5 is certainly good memory. I have two 512 when it was PC 3200 and I am not selling. It is in my NF7-S now and doing fine.

extremecorvette said:
What voltage do you run? Do I really need to go higher than 2.9? Those mods don't look to bad have your tried them?

Um.. I think I run stock atm.
I havnt tried them however soem ppl here have.

If you want really high FSB and good timings you will probably need to go a bit over.

Back