• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory problems D:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steve978

I've been having random problems with gettigna blue screen with something about my memory but I cant read it all because the computer restarts If it is a problem with my memory how can I find out? its Corsair XMS PC3200 Im running with the base timings, 2.5 3 3 8 I believe but it still gives me the problem.

Not necessarily "memory"

down load and run MemTest86 from here and it will tell you if the problem lies in your memory. In my experience the memory dump to which you're referring usually has to do with either the video card or the sound card. Check both for updated drivers and have you loaded any programs recently or upgraded drivers? Check system devices for conflicts also. From your sig it doesn't state whether you're OC'd or not, but if not that won't be the issue. And or you running a particular program when the dump occurs?
Check the above and post back.

Ill get that memtest and give that a go but it looks like it happens when running Rise of Nations. Whats a memory dump? and my 2500xp is @ 2300 mhz on stock voltage, I keep increasing the fsb but it never acted up I've ran prime95 for a few days on it so I'm fairly sure its not the cpu :D

Try setting the memory to a little quicker latentcy, say 2-3-3-7. Run Memtest first and that'll help isolate the problem. If it's the memory, it'll error out before completing and you'll know to adjust the settings.
It's also been recommended that for a serious and stablel overclock, run Prime95 for at least 12 hrs., 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, SiSandra's burn-in wizard and MemTest86. if all those run without error you're probably OK and safe to increase settings. At least that's my method for getting her stable at speeds.

well Ive used all of those 48 hours on the prime95 and I did folding atr home, only one I havnt done yet is memtest, Im currently hunting downa floppy drive :D

Back