• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RGA+ oveclocking junk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hahahaha

Disabled
I cannot get this board past 196 FSB with Prime passing. I tried Barton 2500 and XP 2100 B and both are maxing up to 194-6.
What to do?
I am using HyperX PC3200 2-2-2-5 and MemTest passes 200 MHz but when I get into Windows then corruption, freezes etc.
My VDD is 1.8V and chipset junky heatsink is already hot so I am afraid to go on 2.0V.
I am using Windows 2003 web server. BIOS is the latest updated.
Any advice?
This is the last Epox I'll buy, darn.

Well I tried. 2.0V VDD gives the ultimate boost, to about 204-205 FSB. But the little junky heatsink gets too hot to touch so I am back to 195 and 1.8V. In either case this is nowhere a quality of Abit NF7-S, not even close.
Another surprising thing is that my CPUs go less far with this board than with my NF7-S.
Epox, all I have to say - goodbye, and no more.

Thats very strange, I have 5 Epox 8RGA+ all running 210-218 fsb.
Some with 1.8vdd others with 2.0

I have put small ramsinks on the MOSFETS and even use the STOCK Northbridge on 2 of my boards, HOWEVER I removed the junking thick tape and stuck the Northbridge sink down with Artic silver adhesive.

I have good cooling with a 5 rigs, 4 to 5 80mm case fans blowing in and 4 blowing out.

You might try lowering your RAM to 83% and your CPU multiplier to say 7 and isolate the motherboard to truely see what it will do.

I would say getter better chipset cooling and a better power supply. I was having issues with my 8rda rev1.0 getting above 170mhz fsb because my 420w truepower couldnt handle the rails specifically the 5v. My +5v was down to 4.83 on the damn thing now its like 5.02 and i have a higher fsb and more stability. I Installed a fortron source 530w and im at 200mhz fsb and have gotten up to 210. Thats with passive northbridge cooling. If i changed my nb cooler i think i could get around 215 before i had to start hardware modding.

Wazer

Ahh, I love it

I know that its not the most insane overclock, but I do pretty good with my Athlon XP 1800+ (tbred-b) running at 2.1Ghz - 10.5x200. Default voltage, stock heatsink, memory is also running 200mhz with aggressive settings. CPU temp as of now - 43C, under load, 48C. Hehe, This is a revision 2.1 board, however my previous 8rda+ (rev 1) board did the same. It just hums along, makes a great game server ;).

Back