• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single 1 gig DDR choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Need one gig sticks of DDR 2700 or better...Lots of 2X512 Dual module kits, but little choice for 1 gig sticks...Any links to some good 1gig modules???

Is there any particular reason you want a single 1gig instead of a matched pair of 512's? Are you planning to run a huge amount of RAM in the future or something? From what I've seen, the 1gig DIMM's are really expen$ive.

I like the Hendrix at Monterey pic, by the way. Do you know what song he was playing when he did that?

A friend of mine did some work on a website of a network company here in Houston and his motherboard only has two dimm's MSI 845E Max...The administrator told him that he would max out his system with memory for the work...Upon finding out that the motherboard would support 2gigs he told my friend that he thought that one gig was all the board would support...I told him to make sure to get a one gig module because with only two dimm's available the only way to get over a gig of ram was with one 1gig module...:)

I guess I'm so used to reading about DDR that I assumed the MB in question supported it. I was wondering, however, if the extra RAM was needed for graphics applications, etc., so I guess I was partly right. I don't use all that much in the way of graphics programs, but I do a fair amount of DVD ripping. I used to have 1.5 Gb of RAM and later sold off one of the DIMMs and found that it made very little difference.....

Yeah this guy could probably use more than one gig of ram...Besides his website stuff he also does virtual walk throughs in 2d Studio Max...Crucial has 1gig modules of PC2700 for 320.00 bones...Geezzz...He could buy a new motherboard and a couple of 512meg modules of Buffalo PC3700 with the winbond chips for a few duckies more and be able to get to 2gigs without having to buy 1gig modules...Remind me to never buy a motherboard with 2dimms on it...:rolleyes:

Maybe he should think about an upgrade. That way he could also get a faster CPU and DDR RAM. It could make a major difference in rendering time and pay for itself in the long run....

Back