• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S. Won't BOot but boot in K7S5A? can someone help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thaimonk

Registered
Hi.

Just got my NF7-S. I took my 1.1 thunderbird out from K7S5A.(was suppose to be 1700+ XP but i cracked it :p) I put it in NF7-S, everything booted in the beginning.. i'm using PC3200 Corsair CAS 2. untill the booting windows part. It showed a blue screen with some words in them, and it restart itself.. and do the same thing again!!

I loaded Opimize setting. It showed DDR200 and thunderbird 850 Mhz, it still do the same thing. blue screen then restart.. any idea why? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance man!!

You didn't perhaps run windows recovery console with a win2000 CD in your drive did you?
You have switched chipsets, and windows usually does not like that, so running recovery console usually fixes things. If you don't have recovery console, you are kind of in a bind...

it works now :D but i got one more problem

The NF7-S still only run my thunderbird 1.1 Mhz at 850Mhz.. even tho i change the multiplier and fsb. and i enable that interf thing on the bios.

or is it just problem with old processor?

Back