• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorta important question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dragon_788

Registered
I'm looking at setting up a fun rig to OC to death and use as a gaming server, (I know the uptimes might be questionable but it should prevent lag :p) and I am pretty sure I'm getting an Abit NF7-S and an AMD 1800+, but I'm not sure which RAM to get. I've looked far and wide at all the major and minor brands that I've found on these forums. I'm not rich or anything (college student) but I'm in the process of talking the guys who will want to use my MP server (for Halo or WC3 or whatever) into paying for half of the 1GB of DDR I want to drop into it. I've looked at Corsair and decided they are way overpriced, so now its between Mushkin Level II Black (Dual Channel) or Geil Golden Dragon (Dual Channel) both from newegg.com. I was looking and it appears that PC3500 is cheaper than PC3200 for the Mushkin, any ideas why? And which brand would be the one to get for overclocking with really tight timings. Thanks for any advice, the info is much appreciated.

Back