• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD board that has no problems with SATA Raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLtNmHeLiX

I'm really considering doing SATA Raid setuip with two raptors (hearing great things about them). As a result, I'm looking for a nforce2 board that has no real known issues with its SATA controller or simillar? Thank you in advance

Last edited:
From my knowledge most people say not to use the nforce2 sata raid.....I am not sure if this has improved

i just built a rig for a friend with an abit kv7, and an 80g sata seagate barracuda, no raid. the box is up and running, and the drive is running great, the only prob is when i flashed the bios. apparently, bios 12 for this board has serial ata issues, after a successful flash is would hang at the memory, post screen, never booted. disabled sata and everything was fine, so we went back to bios 11 and no more troubles with the sata. although i did have trouble with the particular bios 12, i still recommend this board for sata-the only reason i wanted to update to bios 12 was so his xp2700+ wouldn't say duron on the post screen. a/w, i have this board too and i like it, it is stable and with a pci divider of 6 you can go well over 200mhz fsb. a/w, sorry for the long post, the sata on the abit kv7 kt600 runs great, just stay away from bios 12 and wait for 13 :D

Back