• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with nf7 rev. 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GamaJr

Registered
I just bought this motherboard at a computer fair and i'm having some problems getting it to work. I started out by putting my barton 2500+, 2 sticks of 256mb corsair ram and my old hard drive. I used to have an epox 8rda+ but I was not very happy with it. Anyway the system started up and I got an error so I went in the bios and I loaded optimal settings. I got into windows xp and i continued to uninstall my old motherboard drivers and installing the new ones, when my computer just shuts off. I started it up again and it booted into windows. I reinstalled my drivers and it worked fine. After restarting the computer I get the two toned beeping. Then I start up the computer and it loads windows. So now I decide to increase the fsb to start overclocking a little but when i went into the bios to change the fsb the system shut off before I could save the settings. Now my computer turns on but does not post. I have tried everything from clearing the cmos to changing video cards to the ram and no luck whatsoever. The motherboard gets power but my monitor stays black. Anything else you suggest I do? I have already contacted the people who sold me the motherboard. They said to bring it in and they will test it. If they find that the board is malfunctioning they will replace it but if the motherboard passes their test they will charge me $25 for the diagnostic test. I don't want to get charged so I want to make sure that this board is dead. If you have any question please ask away. I will be checking this post often. Thanks BTW I'm a little new here so bear with me. Later

You could have at least waited A DAY to overclock, to make sure it's stable, oh well, live and learn. :)

Anyways, make sure the monitor is plugged in to vga, it sounds lame, but it's happened.

Go down to 1 stick of memory, is the hard drive formatted? That could present major problems if not, assuming you have XP or 2000.

From there I would check for shorts, take the guts of the pc out of the case, and put it on a box or something, something without static(duh) if that doesn't work, well, I have no idea. Check IDE cable? =\

I had everthing plugged in and I did go down to 1 stick of memory and I also tried some kingston and mushkin memory to see if it was a memory issue. I have taken the motherboard out and placed it in the antistatic bag. I was going to return it but now i'm testing it again and no luck. I put all my old components into my epox board and it booted right up. Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Anyone else have some suggestions? I will really appreciate it.

Strip it to a barely bootable system (no hard disc) and boot it with a floppy, try to see if it works....

I am a bit worried about the 2 beeps u get.....just make sure, the mobo has not got any short circuitry.........etc etc

If everthing fails, I would format and re-install anew.

I have tried turning on the system with no hard disc, just chip, 1 stick of ram, and video card and nothing happens except powered up fans and no video. Should I try it with a floppy? How would I check for short circuitry? I never heard a zap or smelled anything burning. When I clean out my extra hard drive I will try to reformat and start again. One more thing the two beeps are gone and I get no beeps. Only thing that starts up are the fans and the green and red internal lights are on. Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot for the reply humv.

2 beeps is normal for that board. peeep peeeeep on for me.
anyway sound like a dead board. well it is a dead board. i think somehow the bios is currupt. get a new one!

germanjulian so how sure are you that this board's bios is corrupt? because like i said earlier when i was changing settings in the bios the system crashed in the middle of changing the fsb. I really don't want to get charged if this board actually works when i take it back to company who sold it to me. Thanks for your response. I'll wait to see what others recommend I do.

The board is known for defaulting the 2500+ as a 3200+ Mine did, so I had a hard time changing it as it would crash before I could change the settings. Maybe stick an older cpu in there, check if it boots, and then flash to a new bios.

I have tried sticking my 2100+ in there and it would not help much. It did the same thing as before. Thanks for the reply veland.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
Back