• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turn on for.5sec, immediately off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicspits

Hello,

I just got an NFS7 from the forums here, and am hooking it up with my new xp2100TBredB. I have encountered a problem though. I get the red light to show the motherboard is getting power, and about a half a second after pressing the power button(whereby the green led does come on), it immediately turns off like its running out of power or something. I can't press the power button to get it back up, I have to turn the PSU off and then on again to be able to get the .5 second of boot. I am running an Antec 380w True power, which i'm pretty sure is enough.

Please help, Thanks!

Hey I had the same problem, all i did was check all the power cables going to the mobo (disconnect and reconnect) and messed with the pin connector for the power button on the mobo, and i decided to hold the button in for a bit longer when i turn it on.
I am not sure exactly which part helped for me........good luck

None of those solutions have worked thus far, after about 15 minutes of fondling the motherboard power connectors, anyone else have any ideas. man this sucks

Make sure you have a fan on the cpu fan motherboard plug and also the other fan plugs just in case. Mine did the same thing because it wasn't sensing a fan so it shut down. I just plugged a fan in and let it hang untill I could get into the BIOS and disable it.

same results with chipset plugged into J10 fan, even though i'm using a zalman passive, a 90mm stealth on the chassis, my antec's fan monitoring ont he pwrfan, and a ystech 60mm on the cpufan. :(

well switching out my new but i guess possibly defective tbredb in favor of my old xp1600, has got the green light to stay on longer, now it's just a matter of finding out why it isn't posting. this is driving me nutts, i'm almost ready to put my kx7 back in and put it off to another weekend....

take the board out and re-seat it. It sounds to me like the board is shorting on the case.

BTW, you dont need any fans plugged into the board for it to work.

well dudes, i had to give up, too much work to do to spend another full day tomorrow putting my working system(kx7) back together so I had to do it this time. Next time I try, probably next weekend, I'll put some fiber pads on the motherboard standoffs and see if that works since i think that grounding out idea may have some promise. BTW, this is the board that Mr. Chambers was selling so I know it should be good, and the tbred2100 is from newegg so yeah, bonus there. I hope i don't have to call them and beg for an RMA cuz my warranty period is up cuz i had to get the NF7, my KX7 does not like tbreds. So anyhoo thanks for all the help, I hope I won't need it next weekend :)

P.S. Yes the psu is on 115v, as it has been probably since the day it was manufactured.

Everytime i have had an issue exact to what your talking about, it has been the psu. Do you have a different psu to try?

So you have tryed, another cpu, another power supply, got a diff stick of ram?

Narrow it down to one thing if you can.

Good luck champ!

Chad

I got it together.

Okee doke, well as to why it would do that with my functioning 1600 in, no one will ever know, but i dont care anymore cuz I got my RMAd 2100 from newegg, and it is currently running beautifully in the rig. PS, if using a pci raid controller, do label which cables go into which plugs, that can save a headache. ;)

Back