• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatercore at top of case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

i have a PC70 and the best place to put my heatercore would be to mount it at the top of the case.... i heard that if you do this however, air bubbles get caught in the heatercore. However, i am going to be using a Bay resevour as well.... will the res remove the bubbles or will they get stuck in the heatercore at the top of the case?

A reservoir will help with the bubbles, but you'll probably end up with some in the radiator initially at least. Solution to this would be to tilt the machine around if possible to work the bubbles around into the reservoir or you could do what I used to do with my old kit: shake the radiator a bit now and then to help dislodge the bubbles :) (pump on of course to help push them around)

The only bad thing I can think of is that all the hot air from the case will go throw the rad.

About the Bubbles, I use my RAD vertical and horizonal (if I take the sys apart, this is like putting it on top isn't it?), I use a bayres myself, and you get bubbles throw the "fill and bleed" part and after you close the res the bubbles are GONE.

Suma

I have a lian li case and the only place i could mount the radiator was the top of the case. It all worked out fine though i have a dd res and put the eheim blue filter thing in it and that cleared air bubbles in around 20 mins then i tilted/shook the case till i couldn't hear water moving inside the rad or as close as i could be bothered which wasn't too long. Then it was done.
Hope this helps.
later

Back