• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot save to "My Documents"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kagee108

Cannot save anything to "My Documents" If you go into properties, the "read only" box is checked and I cannot undo it.

Checking the drive properties, all seems normal. I can save files to the root directory. Checking administrative tools, nothing appears out of the ordinary.

This computer was used one time by a young person who was not authorized to use it, could he have done a registry hack or something to freeze "My Documents"??

WIN XP-PRO, SP-1a

Posting again ... first post was closed by somebody without explanation :mad:

you can delete current "my documents" folder and re-create again by right click and choose "new folder" and rename this folder to "my documents"

can you save anything in this new "my documents" folder???

powerme said:
you can delete current "my documents" folder and re-create again by right click and choose "new folder" and rename this folder to "my documents"

can you save anything in this new "my documents" folder???

I created a new folder, renamed it slightly, and moved all existing files to it. Went to the desktop and changed the target on MY DOCUMENTS shrtcut. Existing file is still there, windows will not let me delete it. Got things going for now.

BTW... 9mm... Dirty Harry would have been proud! That's a "real" man's gun! LOL;)

Back