• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Problemo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nycundaground

OK guys i was messing around with the vcore and mem voltage and did some memtesting for about like 20 minutes and now when i restart and when it is at the light blue screen where it says Windows is starting up, i get the error message in the pic.

I have 2 wd raptors in raid and cannot afford to lose my data. Is there a fix for this or a way to at least save some of my files? thanks

IMG_1181.JPG

you might have damaged your RAM, but your hard disks should be okay.

first of all, restore your bios to all default settings and see what happens.

if that does not work, and you can find out what was damaged, just replace the damaged part. until you get your system fixed, you should be able to use your hard disks in other computers.

I'm going to take a random guess and say that since it's making it into Windows at least, then your data should be more or less in tact. If your HDDs were borked, you'd know alot sooner than the XP welcome screen.

Perhaps you should follow the instructions in the pic and tell us what's in the error log. :p

I found a great KB article for you, check it out:
MSKB Article #258007 . That should be a great resource for you. That should help. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Matt

Back