• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My RBX should be here tomorrow!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoMoses

I just checked FedEx, and my RBX is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!!! Woot Woot! Unfortunately, this will be my first waterblock in over a year that has a plastic top. :( Man, I wish all waterblock makers would offer a copper top option for their waterblocks. I really hate plastic.

I got mine yesterday and I'm pretty impressed so far. Currently, ambient 27-28, idle 32-33, after folding for about 3 hours it reaches 36-37. I'm using nozzle #5 by the way, haven't tried the others yet. Too soon to determine anything though.

rbx3.JPG
rbx4.JPG

Last edited:
Hey sbud, all those nice water blocks there man, give us your temps for them and how you're running your system. It sounds like you're getting ok temp with your new RBX blocks. Keep us postaged with the different type of nozzles.

NeoMoses and sbud are thanked for their courages efforts of being the first to test out this new wc block for us.

those channels on the RBX dont look like the ones in the picture unless im seeing something wrong =d kinda look like WW channels

cherryp00t said:
those channels on the RBX dont look like the ones in the picture unless im seeing something wrong =d kinda look like WW channels

I think the "cup" design and the channels are directly under the center barb so its probably hidden and you can't see it...

aaa alll those nice blocks... I wish i had $$$

I'm looking into getting a new block for a new setup, the rbx is very intriguing but plastic tops give me the chills. Hail to the Guinea Pigs :p. Neomoses, are you planning on making an aftermarket copper top for the rbx like you did with the ww? Pretty please ;) ?

Mikeonatrike said:
lol, it will be ok, u got l337 copper skills. So u can always make ur self a new otop :p.
Thanks for the compliment, but I'd really like a top that's shaped like the base, not just a rectangular top, which I could do.quop

Originally posted by ILikeMy240sx
Thanks a bunch for being a guinea pig :p
no problem, this is just like another toy for me. :D

Did you not make that "Copper Top for D-Tek WhiteWater" over at logiccooling? A rectangular top does take away from the unique base shape but I guess it'd give some people peace of mind.

I got one of them from Rokk a couple days ago. This is a sweet block just fromthe looks of it. A bit smaller than I expected. I hope its a good performer, theres some great engineering going into this thing. Though I never seem to be disapointed with DD stuff, that and Rokk is a great design engineer from what Ive seen.

Ill try and get a test setup together soon, or rip up Fush Zero's setup so I can get some tests running.

Im not sure if mine is a pre-production model, but most likely its a production model. Heres some pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Overall well built, base surface seems flat. There are some darker machined areas around the two outer barbs, but without an optical flat, i cant tell if those are just optical illusins. Visible machine marks are there but none felt, same usual machining you see from DD products. Looking forward to see some results with it.

Note:if you want me to dissasemble it for pictures, let me know. I didnt spend anything on it, so its not a big deal voiding warranties.

yeah man, that would be cool to get some user pics of the insides.

Jon

Insides of the RBX.

Ok, heres the guts of the RBX. It was easy to crackopen just like any other DD block. I dont know if you like that, but I do. Easy to open, easy to clean, just makes sure it wont leak on your own (hence the warranty stickers I guess).

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

The insert I have has the #1 on it. Also the black thing is a grommet (I think its some sort of neoprene foam) that seals to the center hose barb. Its been stuck on a tad crooked, so it makes the insert look crooked when its on the block. Althogh its perfectly in line with the dimples in the channels below. So its just the pics.

Insides of the RBX.

More pics...

13.jpg

14.jpg

I made the last one bigger so you could see all of the machined areas.

One thing id like to note is that the depth of the holes in the middle of the micro channels have to be really close to the bottom surface of the block. Id swear its less than a mm to where the core would be.

Nice pics, fushy. Mine looks the same, so I'll only post a couple of pics later.

My first comment: Open up the block and clean it out! Mine had a decent amount of sand left in it from sandblasting, enough that I wouldn't want it to be roaming around in my pump and the rest of my system.

Comment 2: Nice flat base! Good job DD.

Comment 3: The barbs appear to be epoxied in place, not actually threaded into the top. Very good idea. Perhaps this is why DD plastic tops are not known to crack.

That's all for now, I'll plug her in and see how she performs in a minute.

Thanks for the link, soja. Looks like I'll be making another WC purchase for my whitewater.

Back