• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has YOUR bayres given you problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I just want to see what people think of a bay-type reservoir in general. I've heard of some of them cracking, so I'm just curious. If there's a really high failure rate or something I might just go w/ a T-Line. Although the bayres looks really cool....

The single Bayres is notorious for allowing bubbles to enter back in the pump's inlet, this tends to be more of a problem with a stronger than average pump. If you really want a Bayres, get a dual 5.25" or a dual 3.5" Bayres, those actually function correctly due to the increased height. I'm using the 5.25" dually and it bleeds really fast and I never have to worry about bubbles going back into the circuit. Although it does hold a lot of water, if a small fire occurred near by, I would probably have enough water in my res to put it out :). If you're short on room, go with a T but be prepared for a 1-2 hour bleed process, depending on how it's setup of course, bleed times will vary. My system bleeds in about 90 seconds....flat, hah, nah, I dunno but somethin' like that.

As far as them cracking, I have the original single bay and now the dually, I've never had any issues with em', aside from the single occasionally pertending to be a bubble machine. I do check closely for cracks or leaks periodically, seems mine have been constructed well. I have read stories about Bayres's cracking though, apparently, it does occur. But ya, get a dual bayres if you do decide to (given you have the available space).

Last edited:
sbud said:
The single Bayres is notorious for allowing bubbles to enter back in the pump's inlet, this tends to be more of a problem with a stronger than average pump. If you really want a Bayres, get a dual 5.25" or a dual 3.5" Bayres....

Well I solved this by putting a piece of rubber under my 3.5" bayres, works great.

As for problems, never had any.

Suma.

bay res

I've had my bayres from D-tek for almost a year now. Working fine, no problems. I havent had the problem with air bubbles as SBUD is having. I do keep the res almost completely full with just a little air bubble in the front. A t-line also works well, I've used both setups now and prefer the t-line just for simplicity and ease of removing the cooling setup if needed.

HTH,
Shane.

yeah I agree, filling the bayrez sucks. And emptying it :eek:

I dont use either a T or a rez and it only takes about 20 minutes to fill and bleed:p
I make it a completely closed loup, set the pump in a bucket of water, let it bleed all the air out and connect it under water. The same can be done with a T line, then just cap it off.

Jon

I've tried your way serval times,
always got a tiny bubble in the sys that was pretty annoying.

and filling a res is really simple man..

I've got a D-Tek rez also and never had any trouble with it. I do have some tiny air bubbles in the rez, but nothing I'm worried about.

No issues here with cracking or anything... just the annoying bubbles being sucked back through the lines. They've come out with a new revision of the Bayres that is supposed to address the problem.

I have 4 differnt bay res. the original, had bubble issues, the single bay quad res was ok, but with 2 pumps on it, again had bubble issues, now the 3.5 double and 5.25 double are the way to go. I have dual loop cooling system and 2 pumps dumping into the res, no bubbles at all. As for the filling issues, It takes about 2-3 min. to fill my system and about 5 min to purge the air out of the tubes by cycling the pump on and off. I have not had any leak issues with any of the bay res(s)

I used one for a short while and it worked fine, no problems. The best part about using one is how short it makes bleeding the air out. It took me under a minute.

The problem with sucking air back in to the tubes can be fixed by tilting your case back and adding some more water to the res. Put the case back to normal and its fixed.

Even after tilting the case and filling the res to max level, the older bay res still had bubble issues. Like I said, It was more apparent with dual pump setups.

I use a new single bay res, with a Via Aqua 1300 ( in line ), and havent had a problem. I personally think its better than a t-line.

Tilting the case is a must though ( getting as much of the air out as possible ). After I do that, it works fine.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm glad to hear they're pretty reliable and all. I'm thinking about trying to add a 2nd inlet/outlet to mine, but I don't really want to mess w/ it...I might end up selling my current Bayres Rev2 and getting a dual bay res or something.

mine has worked fine. I got the original one too. I just recently bought the new version with that little divider in the middle. I think it circulates water much better. :)

My bay res has also worked ok..
No cracks, but every now and then it does add an air bubble or two to the system (which usually get caught in the radiator...) I am using an eheim 1048. The suction of the water every now and then gets strong enough to suck an air bubble through the system....

I HATED my bay res.... I swear i tried filling the thing multiple times and each time i had air traveling through it. It was very annoying to setup and use, and i would not reccomend it over anything you can make on your own.

Let the flaming begin.

Heh mine came with barbs that were too small :mad:, so now I'm pretty much either
a) Screwed for like 2 weeks till i get replacements
b) Go crazy on teflon tape and Some crazy Water gue crap.
c) Hope homedepot has SOMEthing i can use.

Attachments

• bayres_problem.jpg
    bayres_problem.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 96
Creizai said:
Heh mine came with barbs that were too small :mad:, so now I'm pretty much either
a) Screwed for like 2 weeks till i get replacements
b) Go crazy on teflon tape and Some crazy Water gue crap.
c) Hope homedepot has SOMEthing i can use.

or
d) use a "T" instead of a res .....

Back