• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Temp Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yoha

Hello all, when my 120mm fan on D-Tek radiator is running at 2300rpm the idle temp is 41C when its running at 1700rpm idle temp still at 41C what does that mean? does it means that my water temperature is already close to room temperature?

also, i'm using 3/8 ID tube came from my kit....will temperature drop by changing it to 1/2 ID tubes?

thanks

Yoha said:
Hello all, when my 120mm fan on D-Tek radiator is running at 2300rpm the idle temp is 41C when its running at 1700rpm idle temp still at 41C what does that mean? does it means that my water temperature is already close to room temperature?

also, i'm using 3/8 ID tube came from my kit....will temperature drop by changing it to 1/2 ID tubes?

thanks
I'ma go out on a limb here,
If you decrease your CFM and your reported temp remains the same, your rate of heat transfer out of the system hasn't changed very much. Having a water temp near ambient would cause this, but it could be other things as well. Low flow rate and low radiator efficiency are two other possibles that come to mind.
Would switching to 1/2ID tubes help? It really would come down to your components. Generally I would say yes, but do what works for you.

Hopefully I didn't confuse myself in this process.

Yes you will usually get better results by changing your tube to 1/2ID due to higher flowrate. If your system is already not performing well, I doubt that a change of 600rpm on your fan will make much difference.

Also, I doubt your ambient temp is 41 degrees... thats pretty damn hot :p

Back