• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Pics] Cleaning up Water Blocks after 1yr use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

The water blocks that I used for a year, the water channel is very clean but it still has some discoloring.

Cathar hand made White Water
dscn0436.jpg

ZChip and White Water
dscn0412.jpg

dscn0413.jpg

ZChip detail
dscn0505.jpg

White Water detail
dscn0506.jpg

glove
dscn0507.jpg

tarnish remover
dscn0508.jpg

Wola~~~~~ Just like magic, it is clean now
dscn0509.jpg

ZChip changed the bard to 1/2", its like new now
dscn0510.jpg

White Water base is flat and like a mirror
dscn0511.jpg

Last edited:
Right now only need to cut the end of the thread shorter, and my WW will be 1/2" barb :D
dscn0512.jpg

I need to REALLY clean my block, its been about 6 months and there's stuff floating in my water from something... I saw what you used on your cleaning and it looks really nice, I'm wondering if I should use the same thing or if any copper cleaner/ tarnish remover works just the same. Do you have any ideas?

oh man, tarn-x! i love that stuff
kill my blocks every few months with it
Used it on my friends ancient becooling block (not jagged edge, yes damn old) which happened to look more like brown and green then copper. The guy almost had a 'thermal' orgasm when he saw it. i recommend it to everyone!!

100 distilled water + zerex super coolant + uv dye... so that is why you see the zchip has some blue tarnish on the poly top...

Back