• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange cpu temp read out...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

I'm currently using a nemisis block, but before i had that, i had a gemini water block (which cracked). I've had the block for some time before i installed it and put a lot of work into lapping it (like hell, the right way with a eng.'s help)
anywho, i installed it about three days ago, and its been sweet.
at stock speeds i had 32 idle / 35 load.
Overclocked @ 2.4 got up to 47c (yikes!!)
but i knew the ceriamique i just put on had to settle in first (damn that stuff is thick!!)
Just a few hours ago, i decided to run 3dmark03 (at stock speeds) and see what i'd get, i looked at the temp as it started the test (31c) then 3 min into the test (31c, i have dual screens btw, i see all, heh) near the end of the test (31c) and after closing it, (31c).
..WTF?
tried restarting the MBM5, tried it again but with the epox temp prog and the SAME THING!!
took out prime @ high priority for 5 min (31c)..... 20 min (32c... then back to 31c)
.....UMM....
I remember my gemini block going up a atleast 5c with 100% load..
okey, now i was ****ed..
set taht sucker to 2.4ghz 12x200 @ 2.0v
and slowly it went up to 37c
YES!!.. no wait..um.. atleast its normal
..But thats what it wanted me to think!!
ran prime on it for 5min (39c)
30min (38c)
is this even possible??
i tried unpluging my pump, and it skyrocketed to 55 before my alarm turned on and i repluged it in so i don't think theres anything wrong with the thermal motherboard thing.

Back