• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Optimizing BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supafish

Registered
Hello every1, noob here. Anyway, need help getting the most out of my new system and was wondering if any of you have suggestions on BIOS settings? Thanx in advance =)

System:
P4 2.6C
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
OCZ Dual PC4000 1 gig. (not gold) 3-4-4-8
Maxtor S-ATA 200GB
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Here are my current BIOS settings:
Ext Freq. @ 250Mhz
DRAM Freq. @ AUTO
AGP/PCI Freq. @ AUTO
CPU VCore @ AUTO
DDR Ref. Volt. @ 2.65V

Performance @ Turbo
CAS Lat. @ 2.5
RAS Precharge @ 4
RAS to CAS @ 4
Precharge Delay @ 8
Burst Length @ 4

Graphics Aperure @ 128mb
Spread Spectrum @ Enabled

PCI Latency Timer @ 64

3DMARK '03 @ 4819 (IS THIS A LOW SCORE?)

Thanx again!!! :)

ok what OS ya got? have ya got direct x 9.0b? btw you can set your agp aperture higher at least 256mb try increasing your ddr voltage slightly higher and what divider are you using? what cooling are you using? air? water? peltier? what are ya core/clock mhz on ya gfx card? and what bios version for ya mobo? i think you can increase your latency setting too.....just play around a bit with ya clock settings/bios etc but make note of your stock or stable settings...BUT i'm pretty much a newb too so ya might wanna read a few more threads and sticky's etc worked for me....oh yeah and thats a pretty low score dude i get [email protected] this helps:)

$anch3z said:
ok what OS ya got? have ya got direct x 9.0b? btw you can set your agp aperture higher at least 256mb try increasing your ddr voltage slightly higher and what divider are you using? what cooling are you using? air? water? peltier? what are ya core/clock mhz on ya gfx card? and what bios version for ya mobo? i think you can increase your latency setting too.....just play around a bit with ya clock settings/bios etc but make note of your stock or stable settings...BUT i'm pretty much a newb too so ya might wanna read a few more threads and sticky's etc worked for me....oh yeah and thats a pretty low score dude i get [email protected] this helps:)

Thanx for the Reply guys.....well here are my specs...

Win XP SP1 [Clean Install]
DirectX 9.0b [Installed]
VDIMM @ 2.85v
CPU Cooling = Thermalright SP-94 w/92mm Tornado
Case = Coolermaster "Wave Master"
Fans = 3 x 80mm Intake & 1 x 80mm Exhaust
PSU = Enermax 465w w/1 x 92mm exhaust therm. controlled & 1 x 80mm adjustable [set to max]
GFX Card: Radeon 9700 Pro [Rev. 11] 325/310
BIOS ver. 1010

BTW, changed mem timings to 2-3-3-5-4 and it seems to run Sandra '04 fine. However, can't match the bandwidth they have on there comparision chart [4858 vs. 5615 MB/s]. Anyway, FSB @ 1000 mhz. Also, whats a good setting for DRAM idle timer and refresh mode?

Oh, any1 knoe if Sandra '04 is accurate on memory freq? Mine shows up as 2 x 166 mhz:(

Thanx for the help....keep'em coming:D

.......I found this to work best for me:
Burst Length = 8
DRAM idle timer = Infinite
Refresh Rate = 7.8u

Spread Spectrum =disabled
ICH Delay = enabled
PAM=Enabled
....here is a link for a bios guide:

BIOS Optimization Guide

Take the DRAM freq. off auto and set it to 400 this guarantees 1:1(I assume thats what you want w/pc4000). Lock the agp/pci @ 66/33. Setting the agp aperture any higher probably won't help performance with 1gb ram installed + the 9700pro. Have you run memtest86 to check for errors?

Back