• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Socket tab Holddown ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steel_Dreams

Registered
Hi all i just bought a MSI K7N2-Delta ILSR i couldnt pass it up for 59 bucks refurb but the problem with this board is it doesnt have the 4 mounting holes buy the cpu .. i`am currently useing a EPOX 8K5A2+ with a D-TEK TC4 Rev 2 water block and i would like to use the TC4 on the MSI board does anyone think one of the Danger Den Socket hold down clamp`s will work on a TC4 block ..the Maze 3 Bracket looks like it would work the TC4 and Maze 3 Blocks look to be about the same ., what do ya think or is thier another bracket that would work ok thank for any help ....

i think the DD hold down would work. the block has to have the AMD spec holes, the hold down has screws that go into the AMD spec holes. I think you should be ok w/ the DD hold down

Hi

Hi thats what i was thinking myself . the Maze 3 block is square just like the TC4 .i seen the Bracket video at DD .the bracket holes line right up with the holes on the board .if the MSI had holes .i think i`ll give it a try if all else fails i`ll order the DD block .. ok thanks for the help :)

The problem with doing this is the holes the block has. While they are in the same spot the hold down bracket has to be screwed into the block while the TC-4 uses holes the slide down the mounting screws.

I have used the Maze3 block with the hold down bracket for an old GigaByte board I had but when I switched to an NF7-S I had to drill out the holes in order to use it with normal mounting screws.

Back