• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Sinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know of any that work like that, but those look really small.

bestbyte.net had some nice ones cheap.

sweet thnx....they alot bigger than it seems. Its a bar that stretches between the 2 RAM chips (its about 2 in long)

Your ram doesnt even need ramsinks, I think it would be a waste to get bigger ones. Maybe get some better case airflow.

lol....:D
umm...airflow aint the problem( i have 12 case fans)... i need more metal on the heated surfaces. If you have any suggestions for RAM sinks im all ears.

These probably not what you want ,but might be wortha look.
I put ram sinks in Google...There are several places that showed up. THE FANMAN:cool:

GF41.jpg

..As always where would we be without the OC community. Thnx for the responses. I have seen the "RAM sinks" b4 but my comcern is that they dont have much in the way of surface area. (thats y i was lookin for the long ones like in the pic). + Those BGA sinks expensive:eek: . @ this point im gonna contact ATI and see if i can scam me a "replacement":D XT cooler. Thnx for the advice

Sentential said:
..As always where would we be without the OC community. Thnx for the responses. I have seen the "RAM sinks" b4 but my comcern is that they dont have much in the way of surface area. (thats y i was lookin for the long ones like in the pic). + Those BGA sinks expensive:eek: . @ this point im gonna contact ATI and see if i can scam me a "replacement":D XT cooler. Thnx for the advice
1) I might contact ATI and see if I can scam you a refusal of your entire warranty.
2) I was going to make a suggestion about how to get the sinks you want. I've changed my mind.

Why not make your own out of a Pentium 1 HS.Or something to that effect.All you need to do is some measuring and see if the P-1 HS will span the ram.Cut and apply. THE FANMAN:cool:

No no no....Im sorry I wasnt clear...when i meant scam I meant buy a replacement XT cooler for my 9800np. Im sure that ATI and Asus sell replacement parts OEM. I wasnt planing on stealing anyting or claiming I have an XT. Sorry 4 the confusion didn't mean to stir up trouble:(

At this point im gonna see if I can buy the stock XT cooler from ATi, that way ill take care of the core and mem @ the same time. I cant imagine that the "stock" cooler w/t shipping couldnt cost more than $50

I need to get somethin for chip core as well as my RAM...might as well. On another note...those 9800s are some toasty little buggers. I was suprised by the heat those suckers put out.

Last edited:
Back