• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Ultra 2 silver compound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/accessories/OCZ+Ultra+2+Thermal+Compound

This is the stuff I got for free with my CPU. I had never heard of it before and I thought this stuff wasnt that great at all. It seemed really thick too and as3 is kinda more watery so I figured it might not be as good. But, I felt like reasearching it, and I looked at the link (the one in the top of this post), and im quite surprised, it dosent conduct electricity! One would think that its the silver that conducts electricity right?

Anyways, down at the bottem they say it outperforms AS3 by 2 degrees!

Is this just some BS or do i actually have a decent thermal compound that competes with AS3?

TIA
-Amd0cer

It's what I've been using on my computers. :D I find that it performs almost exactly the same as AS3. It's good stuff.

awsome. Considering I got it free with my 1700+ a while back at www.excaliberpc.com, I love it, I have a good thermal paste that i didnt really have to pay for. Well, they probably included it in the price of the CPU, but hey, i wasnt expecting it :D

Man this is thick stuff though. They showed a picture of it in one of the reviews and that looked thick, but mine is even worse.

Is there a certain way im supposed to store it?

@md0Cer said:
It seemed really thick too and as3 is kinda more watery so I figured it might not be as good.

Have you read the reviews of the newest stuff from Arctic Silver? The new Ceramique is alot thicker than the previous versions of the compound, and it performs alot better. It sounds like OCZ was ahead of AS on that one.

Back