• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I noticed that nobody talks about Epox anymore.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

What gives? They used to make such great mobos. Now they practically vanished - At least I don't hear anyone talking about them,,,,, This section of the forum is dead.

Yeah, I feel the same way as you are( how come people aren't talking about epox anymore).

IMO epox is much better than my IC7-G that I previously have.
With the IC7-G the max I can go with my 2.4C is 275fsb and 5:4 2-3-3-7 @ 2.8vdimm(2.75 in window)

With this 4pca3+ rev 2.0 I can go up to 285 fsb and 5:4(456mhz) 2-2-2-5 @ 3.1vdimm(this board vdimm and temp reading is right on the money) and 100% stable at anything you throw at it.

So from my experience Epox still makes great board and I love there vdimm voltage that allow me to go all the way up to 3.3vdimm which on the IC7-G I would have to do the vdimm mod and I'm not sure or comfortable in doing so.

Hmm, maybe I should get one of those rather than a p4p800 or AI7,,,

I'll take a look at the pricing,,,

yeah I dont care what anyone says.
I love EPOX and always will.
I have had so many good boards from them and plan on getting a 4PDA2+ version 2 sometime soon here.
I am currently on a 4PEA+ and its the coolest mobo of its time.
The most features and one of the best RAID chipsets IMO.
Their boards are always quality ... sometimes the first revision of their new models does suck for lack of ocin values in some places.
But they sure as heck make it nice when rev2.0 comes around.

I have had their AMD mobos too and they rock also.
I wish more people would talk about EPOX tho, it saddens me also.
I think maybe because well, their P4 boards are very RARE here in the US. Especially rev2 of their mainboards...everyone wants em and when they go out of stock its a few months before more arrive, in several places I have seen that happen.

I love the quality they make their boards with...having a 4 phase powersupply on all their P4 boards says that right there!
A LOT of P4 boards still only have a 3 phase. I know 4 phase is a lot more finer tuned signal for power, so It makes me feel that epox just accels in a lot of areas some manufactures dont.

hell my 4pea+ can take my ram further then an IS7 I bought to test my ram on.
It suprised me! lol
anyways, yeah thats my say =)

never disappointed

amdking said:
hell my 4pea+ can take my ram further then an IS7 I bought to test my ram on.
It suprised me! lol
anyways, yeah thats my say =)
haha, absolutely the same here.
i love all my epox boards so much. :D
4pea doing ddr500 2-5-2-2
4gea doing ddr500 to and can hit 220fsb and up.
4pea800 come very close and has a cleaner vcore.

i now running an is7-e v1.2 with my 2.4c m0 i'm not happy, really not. :mad:
for the 400 and 533er cpus an dividor 1:1 ist this board great... thats all.
i looking for an epox board again... 300fsb, i'm coming.

Re: never disappointed

Rio71 said:

haha, absolutely the same here.
i love all my epox boards so much. :D
4pea doing ddr500 2-5-2-2
4gea doing ddr500 to and can hit 220fsb and up.
4pea800 come very close and has a cleaner vcore.

i now running an is7-e v1.2 with my 2.4c m0 i'm not happy, really not. :mad:
for the 400 and 533er cpus an dividor 1:1 ist this board great... thats all.
i looking for an epox board again... 300fsb, i'm coming.

Epox ist auf jeden fall einer die besten mobos! Ich finde Epox total geil! :)

I just ordered a 4PCA3+ from www.censuspc.com

I'll keep you updated.

(It will initially be paired with an SL6Z5 / OCZ PC-4000, then in a few weeks,,,,, MACH 1 PROMMY! :) )

Re: ... ordered

Rio71 said:
hehe, and i an 4pdai ...

hey audiman, frohe weihnachten. :santa2:
bin in stuttgart, home of "successfully overclocked". :burn:

Da bin ich noch nie gewesen! Mein Oma hat in Düsseldorf gewohnt, und ich bin ein paar mal in Berlin gewesen bei der loveparade! (1999 und 2000).

Sieht mann viele Porschen in Stuttgart? Leider verkauft mein bruder seine Porsche um ein haus zu kaufen. :(

8kha+
8k3ae
8rda

All great AMD boards for me, though the 8k3ae read temps about 15C high. Just incredible voltage control for the most part and very stable at high OC's.

Arkaine23 said:
8kha+
8k3ae
8rda

All great AMD boards for me, though the 8k3ae read temps about 15C high. Just incredible voltage control for the most part and very stable at high OC's.

Looks like we have a similar history with Epox mobos.

I hit 200 FSB with my 8kha+ one time. (Via KT266a) :eek:

Re: Re: ... ordered

AudiMan said:

Da bin ich noch nie gewesen! Mein Oma hat in Düsseldorf gewohnt, und ich bin ein paar mal in Berlin gewesen bei der loveparade! (1999 und 2000).

Sieht mann viele Porschen in Stuttgart? Leider verkauft mein bruder seine Porsche um ein haus zu kaufen. :(

Hallo, meine Frau und ich lebte außerhalb Münchens für 4 Jahre (1995 bis 1999) und liebte wirklich unsere Zeit in Deutschland! Ich hatte einen BMW 5er und hatte eine große Zeit auf den Autobahns! Die 5er wurden Maximum heraus bei 260 KPH, ;) würden haben liebten, ein Carrea zu haben, aber die Firma würde nicht für sie zahlen! Ich würde hoffen, daß Ihr Bruder ein sehr nettes Haus fand! Ich bin sicher, daß er das Porche vermißt! :cry:

anyway, I was just about to buy a ASUS P4C800-E Delux after giving up on the ABIT IC7MAX with all of it's problems when I ran across this thread and a couple of others like it. After doing some research I have decided to break with tradition and give the 4PCA3+ a try. It looks like it has every thing that I need! I am building a photo/video editing rig and wanted to run 2 Raptors in Raid0 on the ICH5R and 4-160GB Barracuda's in Raid0/1 for storage. Will be using a 3.2C and Muskin LevelII PC3500 1:1 so I really need the ability to raise the vdimm to over 3.0v.

[edit] after reading about the possible issues with mobo compatibility and Prescott, I have decided to once again go with Asus... perhaps by the time I make up my mind, Intel will release the Tejas version... :confused:

Danke alle und glückliches neues Jahr!

Last edited:
My EPoX boards include...

8KTA2
8KTA3 Pro
8K7A
8K7A+
8KHA+
8K3A+
8RDA+

and now a 4PCA3+

All own any other board I have tried. I can run this 4PCA3+ 275MHz 1:1 with my Geil Platinum pc4000. Let the others overlook EPoX, better for us that are in the know.

Amazing how many Germans there are :)

Anyway, I didn't get much of a chance to tweak my 4PCA3+ since it broke down and I'm RAM'ing it. I guess I'll have to wait 6 weeks before it comes back :(

(Off topic: Have any of you noticed that Epox has such complicated names for their mobos, but yet, they're so easy to remember?)

AudiMan said:

Anyway, I didn't get much of a chance to tweak my 4PCA3+ since it broke down and I'm RAM'ing it. I guess I'll have to wait 6 weeks before it comes back :(

audiman how did your p4ca3 break?
i just set one up and i don't want to kill it just yet!

thanks

One of two things,

#1.) I was using a prommy on it, but when I took it off there was a big block of ice right beside the CPU. I let it dry overnight and it still worked the next day.

#2.) The northbridge heatsink was VERY hot and I really think that it had something to do with it because when I was trying to boot the comptuer after it broke, it was giving me these wierd beep codes, meaning that the CPU was communicating properly with the mobo, but the LED displays were showing wierd numbers. It eventually got stuck at some number, and when I pressed the F1 key on the keyboard, the LED numbre switched to like 7F or something, but nothing was showing up on the monitor.

I think my AGP bus was shot, unfortunately I didn't have a PCI card to test with so I sent the mobo back.

Some of the highest OC's on AMD chips are on Epox boards, on some Japanese site I saw the top 3 or 4 oc's which were in the 3GHz+ range were all with 8rda+'s.

Right now with all the talk to the NF7-s I'm still on the lookout for a nice 8rda for my main rig.

My NF7-S was probably the best board I ever owned.

Closely followed by the Epox 8KHA+

Back