• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is the best place to put a temp probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

On a P4? I cant put it under the processor, because the probe is too long, and if i bend it in half, wouldnt that make the proggy not seat right?

Harry

Thanks dude,

Was tired as all get out last night. Ill be reading for awhile LOL. But thanks, I really needed to know this since my new Gigabyte board is saying im running at 19C Idle. Unless my Other gigabyte board was reading 6C higher because of a bug?

Harry

well if your ambient temps are above 19C then you know your board must be giving wrong temps :).

Ok figured it out.

The cpu temp in bios is right. The temp reported by easytune is 7c lower. 26c idle is the right temp This has been running with the last 2 boards with same if not better cooling. Kind of stinks that MBM5 doesnt have my board supported in it. I get voltages but nothing else. Is there a setting i should use?

Harry

Dude,My mobos not on the list. I can't use it .Not accurate.I use
a remote thermal temp probe.I use it as a comparison to my bios readings.I dont know of anything available at this time to resolve your issue. THE FANMAN:cool:

Harry I placed mine on the side of my CPU.The side that faces the ram slots! I adheard it with thermal tape to the side of processor.
It does not interfer with the HS. My readings from this probe are 4° C less than my bios temp reading.So I add to my remote probe
reading to aquire my temps. THE FANMAN:cool:

Thanks, Ill try that

Gonna open her up tomarrow And take some pics anyway. Its a pretty cool setup with the Jet4 cooler.

Harry

Back