• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heat spreaders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

Iv heard mixed things about heatspreaders and personally havent really gotten into them. What do you guys think when it comes to the effectivness of them. I was thinking about buying the TT active heatspreader.

I have one mem chip w/ a heatspreader and another one w/out it and I can't tell the difference. Unless you live in a really hot climate w/ no ac I don't think they help any.

They can't hurt, and they look cool. They might help with stability a little when running high memory voltage, probably 3.0v+.

will those fit over previous heat spreaders??

I plan i buying some Mushkin (whenever newegg gets the back in stock :( ) those allread have heat spreader and i think that taking them off voids your warentee

zebkoolindc said:
will those fit over previous heat spreaders??

I plan i buying some Mushkin (whenever newegg gets the back in stock :( ) those allread have heat spreader and i think that taking them off voids your warentee

no and if they did you would prolly be defeating the purpose

What is interesting is that there are brand memories out there that sell the same part with black spreader or with platinum spreader. People like the platinum for the looks, but I would think according to the physics involved, the black ones should have better heat dissipation properties and make the memory run cooler.

temp....u need a probe....you would benefit the most if you put the spreaders DIRECTLY onto the memory chips....not onto another spreader

Back